By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Mass Effect really coming to the PS3? BioWare clarifies

good.

PLAYSTATION®3

Around the Network

“the Unreal Engine is cross platform, hence the PS3 code." Yep we all knew that. This sentence is meaningless in terms of whether or not ME2 is coming to PS3. It neither confirms nor denies any intention on the part of Bioware/EA.

What the statement doesn't do is plainly state that ME2 is not coming to PS3. So rather than yanking PS3 gamer hopes back down to earth it is simply yet another tedious non-statement from Bioware.

Every time they take the opportunity to not say "Mass Effect 2 is not coming to PS3" whenever ME2 and PS3 is raised it adds more grist to the rumour mill.

I just want this c#ck tease to be over with one way or the other.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Step One : PS3 Data √
Step Two : DENIAL √
Step 3 : Wait 6 months ... (ill get back to this! I will)

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

binary solo said:
“the Unreal Engine is cross platform, hence the PS3 code." Yep we all knew that. This sentence is meaningless in terms of whether or not ME2 is coming to PS3. It neither confirms nor denies any intention on the part of Bioware/EA.

What the statement doesn't do is plainly state that ME2 is not coming to PS3. So rather than yanking PS3 gamer hopes back down to earth it is simply yet another tedious non-statement from Bioware.

Every time they take the opportunity to not say "Mass Effect 2 is not coming to PS3" whenever ME2 and PS3 is raised it adds more grist to the rumour mill.

Then just buy it for your PC and enjoy the game.  If this game is so important to people I don't understand why they'd want to wait 6 months to a year when it might not even be released on PS3. 

To the OP, it doesn't matter if they swore an oath on the bible, people would still say its coming out on PS3 even if the words "We will never ever release Mass Effect 2 in any shape or form on the PS3" came from Bioware and EA's offices. 

Surely they wouldn't release ME2 on it's own for the PS3 so we would need to see ME1 first. Then there is ME3 to consider, my guess is that if it happens it will be after ME3 on the 360.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
binary solo said:

Then just buy it for your PC and enjoy the game.  If this game is so important to people I don't understand why they'd want to wait 6 months to a year when it might not even be released on PS3. 

To the OP, it doesn't matter if they swore an oath on the bible, people would still say its coming out on PS3 even if the words "We will never ever release Mass Effect 2 in any shape or form on the PS3" came from Bioware and EA's offices. 

He was referring to the rumours. And I don't think buyin' it on pc will stop the rumours :P

And I agree with him.. I don't care too much if it comes on PS3 but, all this non-denies starts getting tedious

slowmo said:
binary solo said:

Easier said than done pal. I'd have to fork out about $1500 to get a PC capable of playing the game first. That's not happening any time soon. Cheaper to buy a 360 and play it. But I'm not buying a second console just for this, and despite the 360 having quality exclusives I won't be running out of PS3 exclusives (and multiplats) any time soon. If it comes to PS3 it's a definite buy. If it doesn't then ce la vie, maybe when I do get 'round to upgrading to a ME2 capable PC I'll get it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ME2 on PS3 in Holidays 2010. You read it here first (well maybe not as these game specific pages don't pop up on Hot Topics sadly).

IF ME comes to the PS3, chances are it will be both games on one 50 gig disk.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

I think ME2 is fine after not playing ME1 for however long it's been.

But if they released them both at the same time and played them back to back I'm not even sure I'd manage to finish ME2.

Man can only take so many corridors and boxes to hide behind.

They're good games. Story's good. Being good or bad is good. But combat is a tad too predictable.