By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony plans a relaunch of PSP GO

jonnhytesta said:
blaydcor said:
How does no UMD drive keep games from being pirated? I'm not really following the PSP GO homebrew scene, but I'm pretty sure that if it isn't hacked it's only a matter of time, nothing to do with a UMD drive.

ecxactly, thats why sony should leave the handheld market, if those hackers and psp whiners are so smart they should realese and produce a psp2 themselfs.

You make it sound like DS has no piracy. By your standard, Nintendo should leave the handheld market too.

Also, since there are piracy on Wii, 360 and PC as well, I guess companies should stop making games.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
jonnhytesta said:
blaydcor said:
How does no UMD drive keep games from being pirated? I'm not really following the PSP GO homebrew scene, but I'm pretty sure that if it isn't hacked it's only a matter of time, nothing to do with a UMD drive.

ecxactly, thats why sony should leave the handheld market, if those hackers and psp whiners are so smart they should realese and produce a psp2 themselfs.

You make it sound like DS has no piracy. By your standard, Nintendo should leave the handheld market too.

Also, since there are piracy on Wii, 360 and PC as well, I guess companies should stop making games.

wii: nintendo fans, soccer moms and casual gamers dont pirate games.

360: wealthiest part of america and europe society they dont pirate too many games and youmight get banned.

ds: same. nintendo busniess model

pc: the pc market is pretty F&%$/( up alerady. pc owners and psp owners are the same.

yesRolStoppable said:
This rumor sounds plausible, because Sony developed a habit of making stupid business decisions in the past few years. The money they are going to waste on this would be better used for game development or just about anything else. Gamers (and retailers) don't want the PSP Go.

yes, sony is stupid and we are so smart thats the answer. thats why they release the psp go because software sale were so great on the original psp.

I looked into it back in 2007, but chose against it. I would rather pay for what I own.

On the topic of a PSP Go "reboot". It's not needed, just announce the successor and get it over with.

The shouldn't have needed to "reboot" only 4-5 months after launching the damn device. No device that is worth anything fails as badly as the Go.

Hurrah Sony, the Go is worse than the N-Gage.

But for shats and giggles. Here's what you should do.

Drop the PSP Go's price to $134.95 in April. Have at least 3 Go "entertainment packs". I suggest one with LittleBigPlanet PSP (along with a new "sackboy coloration style"), another one with Socom: Fireteam Bravo 3 (camo color) and finally one that is a "choose you're own content pack" (with either a $20 or $50 PlayStation Network card inside). I'm not done. Each one of these packs should have some accessories packed in. Maybe the Go Cradle or a cleaning cloth/pouch or a M2 card.

Also the device should be able to tell what you've already purchased if you've got a previous PSP through game saves. Have both PSP's connected to the PlayStation Network and have it read your game saves from the previous PSP to see what you already had on UMD. Now to be fair a $5 carry over fee should be put in place so that people aren't just cheating the Network out of money.

saicho said:
jonnhytesta said:
blaydcor said:

While i dont agree that sony should ever quit the handheld market comparing the psp to the ds, wii or xbox is such a joke. Piracy is insane on the psp mostly cause its easy to do. I should know i have 2 hacked psp's and know nothing about computers or the inner workings of my game consoles. What i do know is to hack other systems its alot harder and alot more riskier. Its so easy i learned how to hack my psp on youtube after 5 minutes.

Around the Network

I guess the public will just have to shout, PSP.... GO! a bit louder this time.

Looks like they will try to empty the magazines out of Go before PSP 2 launches.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

RolStoppable said:
Your attempt at sarcasm is pretty poor, because with the PSP Go Sony now has not just bad software sales, but also bad hardware sales. Therefore pushing the PSP Go is indeed a stupid idea.

pushing a portable ps2 (the psp) was always a bad idea. handhelds and hardcore gamers dont go well together. and if they release a psp2 now and they try pushing a portable x360. the same thing is going to happehn, hackers nerds a whiners are going to hack the hell out of it and sony is going to waste time and resources tryng to sell software for the damn thing.

TT Makaveli said:
jonnhytesta said:
Xen said:
With a UMD drive, yes? :P

so people can pirate games? yes sounds like a great idea.

and?it would sell better with UMD...i want a Go but not without UMD...and pirate...if a hacker want to pirate the games than he will buy a normal PSP so in the end it doesnt care if it comes with or without UMD!

without the UMD drive you get better battery life... if people want UMD they should release a separate attachment for it. I do not want physical games myself, sadly im stuck with my PSP 3000 due to me reviewing PSP titles for this site and all copies are UMD based.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

PSP GO2.

(oh, the puns...)