By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony plans a relaunch of PSP GO

impur1ty said:
leatherhat said:
andremop said:
leatherhat said:
Light Yagami said:
I agree lolstopable. PSP doesnt have a Good library. Most of the games you can get it on home consoles. Sony failed on making a handheld.

Thats how all handhelds are, mini consoles. And psp has a great library 

No. They were that.

Now they are something else. Except the PSP.

The DS isn't any different from the psp. Console games on a smaller scale, having a touch screen doesn't change that fact.

This DS is so very difference from the PSP. Portable games for a portable system. Which home console has a touch screen?

The touch screen doesn't do much for the DS, it's just that the stylus needs a touch screen for that stylus to work properly with games.  With that in mind the Wii is nothing more than a DS with T.V. out and one less screen.  So to answer your question incorrectly the Wii is the home console with a "stylus".

Around the Network

Brain Training is one of the biggest system sellers of all time. Without a touch screen, Brain Training would be nearly unplayable. A touch screen or keyboard is necessary for any games that require text input. Trying to type in text quickly with knobs and buttons is painful and pointless.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

darkknightkryta said:
impur1ty said:
leatherhat said:
andremop said:
leatherhat said:
Light Yagami said:
I agree lolstopable. PSP doesnt have a Good library. Most of the games you can get it on home consoles. Sony failed on making a handheld.

No. They were that.

The DS isn't any different from the psp. Console games on a smaller scale, having a touch screen doesn't change that fact.

This DS is so very difference from the PSP. Portable games for a portable system. Which home console has a touch screen?

The touch screen doesn't do much for the DS, it's just that the stylus needs a touch screen for that stylus to work properly with games.  With that in mind the Wii is nothing more than a DS with T.V. out and one less screen.  So to answer your question incorrectly the Wii is the home console with a "stylus".

Precisely! Well, not precisely, it's wrong your comparison, but I agree on one point: The wii is something like the DS. It changed videogames at their core: way of control/gameplay.

The DS and wii haven't changed gameplay in any fashion. The best games this generation (mass effect, demons souls, uncharted, STALKER, TF2) don't use touch screens or motion controls. The wii and DS were a revolution in that it expanded gaming to casuals. Sony and MS have their motion control devices on the way, and their key developers (bungie, naughty dog, etc.) have already said they won't be the utilizing it. So what are we going to get when they launch? Fitness games and casual titles. And thats fine, but its not changing gameplay in any significant way. The input method for a game has nothing to do with the quality of the game, and having a new type of input doesn't make a system better than one which uses standard controls. For instance wii sports, which uses motion controls, its pretty terrible. L4D, with standard controls is pretty awesome. On the flip side, Terminator salvation with standard controls is terrible, while mad world with motion controls is good.

As for psp and DS, Loco roco and NSMB are equally good games, and are both mini console games, the fact that mario has some touch screen action doesn't suddenly elevate it above the status of being a console 2d mario that fits in your pocket.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

andremop said:
darkknightkryta said:
impur1ty said:
leatherhat said:
andremop said:
leatherhat said:
Light Yagami said:

No. They were that.

Precisely! Well, not precisely, it's wrong your comparison, but I agree on one point: The wii is something like the DS. It changed videogames at their core: way of control/gameplay.

I'll agree with control, but not with gameplay.  Though that's a discussion for another thread.  On another note I actually agree with Leatherhat, but again a discussion for another thread.

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
hduser said:
It just goes to show. With enough money and hype, you can beat a dead horse. PSPGo is a massive dud, they better do more than "relaunch". It needs a redesign.

If you want a great portable gaming console and a MP3 player or video player at the same time PSPgo is awesome. My old PSP was too big to use as a MP3 player but I have no problem with my PSPgo. It fit in pockets and is not too big either. Its also possible to run with it since it is a lot lighter. Its by far the best portable gaming platform considering the games and controls on a Ipod touch are not as good. Someone that use it at home sure would be as satisfied with the regular PSP at a lower price. I guess as soon as the price drop below 200$ all the badmouthing will stop and the PSPgo will be a great device like what happen to the PS3.

Price is a major factor in me not getting one.  But the gave up too much to go for a smaller form factor.  UMD is gone yet price is up(strike 1).  My UMD library isn't transferrable(strike 2).  I own a small cache of memory stick duo which is now totally useless in the PSPgo(strike 3).  The reasons to own a PSPgo has been pretty much nullified.  I'll have to hold out until Sony does a PSP 2 or something like that.  A relaunch isn't going to make me want one more than now thats for sure.