By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN trolling galore! "All platforms sucks"

Resume:

- Despite everything, Wii still sucks

- PS3 is a late copycat console, not a cheap Blu Ray player anymore now it is at 299$.

- PSP is doomed even more doomed, and the Go model deserves to be a failure.

- DS platform is extremely dated, DSi and DSi XL are "new colors" of the current DS Lite model.

- X360, better than being 2 duct taped Gamecubes, is simply a mansion with 2 nailed boards made by a software company that "spends years making buggy operating systems" 

----------------------------------

"The Wii is a toy intended mainly for people in diapers - infant or adult - and rest home bowling leagues. Anyone who bought it with semi-serious gaming in mind has spent three years huddled around the same handful of discs like a caveman protecting his last spark of fire. The PlayStation 3 used to be a cheap Blu-ray player; now it's a copy machine (Home = Second Life) that jumps on trends (Trophies = Achievements) years after (Sphere/Arc = Wiimote) they become trends. Unless it's full backwards compatibility or controllers with interchangeable batteries. 

The PSP is losing relevance at the speed of light. The Go deserves to be the first failed platform of this hardware generation. The DS is dated to the point that Nintendo has to release a new version every year, and by "new version" I mean "new color." As for the Microsoft Exploder... well, the Xbox 360 is exactly what happens when a software company that spends years making buggy operating systems decides to build a mansion by nailing two boards together. Grading on that curve, the best a Games For Windows stamp can hope to inspire is inappropriate laughter, leaving just one perfect gaming platform: the Mac. Cue even more inappropriate laughter."

---------------------------------

You can't spell ignorance without IGN.

This is just the opening paragraph for another stupid article(I haven't read it so I don't know, but it probably is. It's IGN, lol.) and can be found here.

Around the Network

You should read through more than just the first two paragraphs...

Let me quote:

"Nintendo is this generation's innovator. Microsoft turned solo gaming into an online community. The technology under Sony's hood is a step towards the future. Anyone who thinks the Wii is just a happy meal for the kiddies hasn't played Dead Space: Extraction, Metroid Prime Trilogy or Mad World. Halo might have built the Xbox, but currently Microsoft's system sports one of the most diverse catalogues out there. Growing pains mostly over, the PlayStation 3 is now absolutely a good buy at a fair price, and it even has a solid line of A-list titles to feed it.

If you don't have one or more consoles, you are missing out on some very good games, period. Maybe not enough good games, or games that fit your particular tastes, to merit a purchase, but certainly enough to earn a piece of respect. There's nothing wrong with having favorites - I'd be lying if I said all my consoles get equal play time - or with being a vocal advocate for your team. There's also nothing wrong with enjoying the thrill of combat. Debating weak points and strong is how we help keep everyone from indie developers up to the Big Three honest. But that's tough to do when we're not honest ourselves.

So let's be honest. There's a difference between opinion and fact, and mistaking one for the other is what kicks off every flame war. Refusing to acknowledge the opinions of others keeps them going, usually straight downhill. Issuing pass/fail grades to things you haven't experienced is simply lazy non-thinking. This is a narrow way to live, but it does give one a sense of superiority. Meanwhile, the rest of us can stop trying to win the console war and just enjoy its benefits. I've got dozens of publishers and hundreds of developers trying to outdo each other for my amusement. I don't care which platform they cater to, so long as they succeed.

In my world, that's superior. Feel free to disagree."

well at least they're fair in the fact that they troll of every console. Thats more than can be said for many members of this site. ;P haha

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

@ Majin

So the reporter just goes like this:

"It sucks. No it doesn't"

Just because he praised the consoles in the second page doesn't mean he didn't troll them all.

Bamboleo said:
@ Majin

So the reporter just goes like this:

"It sucks. No it doesn't"

Just because he praised the consoles in the second page doesn't mean he didn't troll them all.

... Just read it.

Seriously.

Around the Network

read the rest....

Already have read it entirely.

It's even more stupid than I thought.

I think he was being sarcastic.

if you hate IGN, why visit the site?

Read the whole thing, he's just being sarcastic in the opening bit.