By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony setting the graphics bar this generation

is this somethin that can let down 360 users?!

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
Crysis set the bar, Crysis 2 will reset the bar higher. Between Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 the bar will have been essentially unchanged.

Only if it uses DX11. Having played the first 2 of the weekend on enthuasist, the explosions are amazing, but the textures and the models are getting somewhat dated, especially considering the detail in the environments in Uncharted 2.

yes Crytek is the graphical king.. but play Crysis on a PC with about the same specs as a PS3 and you'll see that Naughty Dog did a way better job

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Haste262 said:
Pfft graphics bar blah blah. Naughty dog done wonders ye right. Crytek are gods. Crysis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Killzone+uncharted. Ye so this is pretty pointless, graphics bar will be set by a multi and will not be surpassed until next gen consoles. Tho yet again it just seems right to point out, Pc>consoles.

crytek aren't gods.any good dev can make crysis like graphics on the PC with high system requirements.you just increase the system requirements on PC and you got better graphics.

but to do awesome graphics on a limited system like consoles takes a very good developer like Naughty DOG,GUERILLA games,polyphony digital,square,team ico,kojima,epic,santa monica,etc.

Ok ill bet you anything right now that crysis 2 on consoles will be THE best looking game on this gen consoles. Not just get the crown, but keep it till next gen consoles also. Even if these consoles last another 5 years. I have pretty high confidence that will happen so ye. Btw when i said crysis>>Killzone+uncharted, i meant crysis (2) on consoles, not pc. Thats why i go on about a multi setting the bar till next gen consoles. Ofc, crysis 2 on pc will rape anything on console.

Having good graphics does not mean a game will be good.

I'm currently playing a few rpg's at the moment: FF13, Persona 3 Portable and Mass Effect 1. Even though FF13 looks the "prettiest" out of those 3, it's worst out of the 3, IMO.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
Haste262 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Haste262 said:
Pfft graphics bar blah blah. Naughty dog done wonders ye right. Crytek are gods. Crysis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Killzone+uncharted. Ye so this is pretty pointless, graphics bar will be set by a multi and will not be surpassed until next gen consoles. Tho yet again it just seems right to point out, Pc>consoles.

crytek aren't gods.any good dev can make crysis like graphics on the PC with high system requirements.you just increase the system requirements on PC and you got better graphics.

but to do awesome graphics on a limited system like consoles takes a very good developer like Naughty DOG,GUERILLA games,polyphony digital,square,team ico,kojima,epic,santa monica,etc.

Ok ill bet you anything right now that crysis 2 on consoles will be THE best looking game on this gen consoles. Not just get the crown, but keep it till next gen consoles also. Even if these consoles last another 5 years. I have pretty high confidence that will happen so ye. Btw when i said crysis>>Killzone+uncharted, i meant crysis (2) on consoles, not pc. Thats why i go on about a multi setting the bar till next gen consoles. Ofc, crysis 2 on pc will rape anything on console.

i bet you if Crysis 2 releases this year and is the new graphic king.it will lose out to another game by fall 2011.

btw GT5 is incoming and Nomura's next game is going to be close to CGI,so be worried

Having just played and finished Mass Effect 2 on the 360 and having played Killzone 2 on the PS3 I have to say with some certainty that there is no graphical difference between the two consoles.

IMHO

makingmusic476 said:
Wagram said:
The Last Guardians graphics have done nothing to impress me. So hard to when everything looks gorgeous and you see that ugly splurge of paint that is the main character.

Ugly splurge of paint?

what is this

He meant the boy, and I completely agree with him. Why the main character needs to be so small and brush-painted, it's like he has no face. Fugly.

As for graphics comparison between HD twins, I'm always angry with developers who fond so strongly of gritty environments, smoke and blur everywhere, and all kinds of those damn filters. It only produces dirty and messy appearance, which is uneasy to eyes and acts completely against the actual gameplay! No wonder it's Sony 1st parties who is completely obsessed with such idea and pushing their titles to the limits of this crapness!

/rant

Cypher1980 said:
Having just played and finished Mass Effect 2 on the 360 and having played Killzone 2 on the PS3 I have to say with some certainty that there is no graphical difference between the two consoles.

I second this. Or take recent screens from Halo Reach, it's already looking as good if not better than Killzone 2. Now imagine how gorgeous it will be in a year when it's release is due! Will beat Sony exclusives easily. So, really it's not a hardware what makes difference, only talent and hard work.

Cypher1980 said:

IMHO

My brother has mass effect 2 and I ofcourse have Killzone 2, so I have seen both of them. While mass effect 2 is a lot better optimized than the first game and has nicer texture work, it is not even in the same league as killzone 2 graphic-wise (shader and lighting wise is no competition).