By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG debuts at #3 in UK!!!

UK Individual Platforms Top 10

The Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2 topped the individual platforms top 10, while the PC version was able to crack the rankings at number seven. Just Dance, which saw a 16 percent week-on-week increase, was still able to hold onto the second spot, edging out MAG. Five of the games are for Nintendo Wii.

1. Mass Effect 2 (EA, Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
3. MAG (Sony, PS3)
4. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
5. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360)
7. Mass Effect 2 (EA, PC)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, PS3)
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
10. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo Wii)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27028/Mass_Effect_2_Bumps_Just_Dance_Off_Top_In_UK.php

Impressive, especially when you consider the disappointing review scores

Around the Network

Well that's kind of good I guess.

Behind Just Dance lol

It should hopefully see about a 450-500k ww opening.

poor review scores?

anyway well done ME2 & MAG

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@darth - changed from poor to disappointing. I felt some of the reviews were too low

Around the Network

The reviews were great averaging at 8 is awsome for a online only game. Even a Single player game 8 is great. Just not mind blowing

Getting beat by Just Dance is not something to be proud of. But good results either way.

This game is not for everyone, especially more casually shooter fans who make up the majority of game reviewers.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
This game is not for everyone, especially more casually shooter fans who make up the majority of game reviewers.

You know the majority of game reviewers well enough to classify them all as casual shooter fans...amazing!

ON topic, I think this is a very good debut for a totally new IP trying to take FPS in a new direction.  I haven't played this game yet, but I hope it does well so that when I get a chance to, there are plenty of people playing.

TRios_Zen said:
leatherhat said:

You know the majority of game reviewers well enough to classify them all as casual shooter fans...amazing!

ON topic, I think this is a very good debut for a totally new IP trying to take FPS in a new direction.  I haven't played this game yet, but I hope it does well so that when I get a chance to, there are plenty of people playing.

They've given me no reason to believe different 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype