By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I finally finished Mass Effect. Wow.

BTW, when you get the chance, go to Illium ASAP. Its a great place to be to pick up on ME1 stuff. When you go from ME1 to ME2, you will really appreciate what they did with it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I'm not going to dare touch that spoiler text but that did make me think of one complaint I have of the game-- the mission end screen.

It makes sense and in some ways it's kind of neat, but it just makes the game feel too gamy and really takes you out of the world.

You know a game is good when you find yourself nit-picking about mission complete screens or how the damage appears on your screen, as I did as the game progressed.

And I'm not one who usually has a hard time finding faults in a game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
twesterm said:
I'm not going to dare touch that spoiler text but that did make me think of one complaint I have of the game-- the mission end screen.

It makes sense and in some ways it's kind of neat, but it just makes the game feel too gamy and really takes you out of the world.

You know a game is good when you find yourself nit-picking about mission complete screens or how the damage appears on your screen, as I did as the game progressed.

Yeah, I have a few issues with the HUD too but I'm waiting to reserve judgment on that since I may just still be use to Mass Effect.

Prompts in the environments seem smaller and harder to notice, sometimes the dialogue wheel seems harder to read, and I really don't like the pictures of the squad mates in the middle of the bottom of the screen.  Still though, I'll wait to know if those really bother me since I'm just coming off Mass Effect and I might just be use to that HUD.

Approved. Ive never known a game with as many glitches as this yet still is the best game Ive played this gen. Well until ME2 that is. ME2 is just crazy good. It's that once in a few gens type game. It is THAT good.

I'm almost in the same boat, Twes. I got ME2 already, but I'm going to play through ME 1 one more time!!

Around the Network
twesterm said:
rocketpig said:
twesterm said:

Yeah, I have a few issues with the HUD too but I'm waiting to reserve judgment on that since I may just still be use to Mass Effect.

Prompts in the environments seem smaller and harder to notice, sometimes the dialogue wheel seems harder to read, and I really don't like the pictures of the squad mates in the middle of the bottom of the screen.  Still though, I'll wait to know if those really bother me since I'm just coming off Mass Effect and I might just be use to that HUD.

The squad members at the bottom also irritated me because I found it unnecessarily difficult to track if anyone had died. Another thing that bothered me at times was tracking down a selectable object, which would appear from the next room at times and lead me on a wild goose chase trying to track down a safe or something.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I thought it was good, but sadly not that good. I'm in the camp who liked it but saw the horrible inventory management, weak side missions, short central mission and average combat and thought... now this could all be so much better.

Luckily for my camp Bioware agreed and duly improved ME2 accordingly.

Nice you enjoyed it that much though - in the end that's the point.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I hear ya. I wouldn't say in every way but ME2 is much better overall. Samara may be my fav. character in any game right now. She looks amazing in Cerberus' black and kicks some serious butt. She's "flattered" but...... so lifelike. This game looks and plays beautifully on the xbox 360. After that pc port DA:O I was a little worried.

mrstickball said:
rocketpig said:
Twesterm, you ain't seen shit 'til you've played the last hour of ME2.

I loved Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2 improved in every respect from the first game. And the ride only keeps getting more intense until you enter the last mission when your head just about explodes from the sheer awesome of what is happening around you.

I'm wondering, main quest wise, how far am I thought the game? My next main mission is the Reaper IFF on Klendagon mission. Well, not quite - I still have Illium, but I am wondering how many other main missions I have.

I'm 25 hours in BTW.

You are near the end. I suggest that you get everything you want to get done before the suicide mission prior to going to the reaper IFF. You'll see why.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Borrowing the thread a little.. how do you import your ME1 savefiles? Which files do i have to copy into the save folder for ME2? Ive tried a bunch of stuff but the game cant find them when i try to import. Just shows an empty box.