By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I finally finished Mass Effect. Wow.

CommonMan said:
Heh, welcome to the Mass Effect love covenant. It really is a step above as far as story goes. Mass Effect was my favorite game this gen, and it looks like the sequel will trump it, which blows my mind.

Covenant?  Is your crew going to be battling Halo fanboys?

I think "Mass Effect Mob" is an ok name for fans of Mass Effect.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
CommonMan said:
Heh, welcome to the Mass Effect love covenant. It really is a step above as far as story goes. Mass Effect was my favorite game this gen, and it looks like the sequel will trump it, which blows my mind.

Covenant?  Is your crew going to be battling Halo fanboys?

I think "Mass Effect Mob" is an ok name for fans of Mass Effect.

LOL! Well, honestly there have been plenty of people I've met in Halo that I wouldn't mind giving a punch in the mouth to.

Mob works for me, I'll bring the pitchforks if you get the torches! Also, we'll need beer.

Incredible game! I finished ME1 twice. Friday or next week I will have my copy of ME2.

So how about that lovely elevator music, twes? lol

numonex said:
Mass Effect a good game but a lot of glitches in the game. The ally achievements would not unlock for me despite keeping the same team members for the whole game and doing all the missions and obtaining completion achievement. The long elevator loading scenes were dreadful. The game took up a lot of 360s memory and lagging gameplay would kick in after two hours.

I will get Mass effect 2 eventually. Probably play through Mass Effect and get up to a level 60 character. Sentinel class. Before playing Mass Effect 2. I wonder how the save game on Mass Effect works on Mass Effect 2?

Mass Effect on Hardcore and Insanity modes IMO are too hard. I found Normal mode was a hard enough challenge. Easy mode would help you fly through the game if you do not have the team to play games.

BTW: In Mass Effect kill enemies on foot instead of Mako to gain more XP. Using Mako you only get 33% of XP for killing enemies. Level 50 is possible on one play through but it may take up to three playthroughs using same character to get up to level 60.

Oh yeah, I came across many bugs and even a few of those that required me reloading the game.  Add to that the *terrible* framerate throughout the entire game and it's suprising I actually like the game so much since those things are one of the things that made me quit last time.

But the game is just so good I can look past the framerate (it got near unplayable many times), the bugs, the times I got stuck in geometry, and the underwhelming gameplay because it was just so damn good.

And then Mass Effect 2 so far has just been a dream.  I've only played a small amount but the framerate is actually good, the controls are much tighter, what I did last game had an *insane* effect on the game, the characters and story are already intriguing, and the visual upgrade is just crazy I think I'm in for a great ride. ^^

@halogamer

Ugh, stupid elevators.  I actually didn't mind the long ones in the citedal or whatever, it's the one in the Normandy that pissed me off.

Around the Network

Twesterm, you ain't seen shit 'til you've played the last hour of ME2.

I loved Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2 improved in every respect from the first game. And the ride only keeps getting more intense until you enter the last mission when your head just about explodes from the sheer awesome of what is happening around you.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ME1 was my favorite game this gen, but ME2 beat it in almost everything, and is now my fave. Easily one of the best games / franchises ever.

Finished the first ME 5 times, and surely will do the same for ME2 until 3 comes out. I'm already salivating over that!!

rocketpig said:
Twesterm, you ain't seen shit 'til you've played the last hour of ME2.

I loved Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2 improved in every respect from the first game. And the ride only keeps getting more intense until you enter the last mission when your head just about explodes from the sheer awesome of what is happening around you.

I'm wondering, main quest wise, how far am I thought the game? My next main mission is the Reaper IFF on Klendagon mission. Well, not quite - I still have Illium, but I am wondering how many other main missions I have.

I'm 25 hours in BTW.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

You're on the verge of entering the endpoint if you choose to do so, Stick. Right after that mission you listed you're given the option to go "all in".

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I'm not going to dare touch that spoiler text but that did make me think of one complaint I have of the game-- the mission end screen.

It makes sense and in some ways it's kind of neat, but it just makes the game feel too gamy and really takes you out of the world.