By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I finally finished Mass Effect. Wow.

I've had Mass Effect for well over a few months now... I played it some but VERY little... and every time I hear praise about it makes me wanna just play it....

So why am I waiting? Well MP games... Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Virtual Fighter 5 online, ShadowRun... I'm playing them so I don't miss out on the life of the MP community.

I even have Fallout 3 and haven't played it yet... but I want to finish Fallout 2 first...

Around the Network

I actually myself just got back into Mass Effect 1. I couldn't get past Eden Prime, everything seemed pretty "bleh." Then when I got outside and explored the Milky Way things really started to pick up. Since then I haven't been able to put it down.

What picked my interest back up was the stupid score Mass Effect 2 was receiving - I figure I'll go back to this one and force myself to play it, and then pick up ME2 sometime when It's cheap (I'm trying to buy less games at full MSRP this year unless I have enough Amazon credit to get a decent discount) and so far going back to Mass Effect 1 has been a great decision.

It's just that simple.

"I finally finished Mass Effect."

Me too. I started last sunday and finished it yesterday - two days. It was not possible to go put the xboxcontroller awy...

For me it's one of the best games ever made - the characters, the story, the gameplay, the music and sound...very, very, very good!

It has the best sci-fi story and atmosphere since Halo I.

What a brilliant game!

btw:
I bought it for 5 ( five!) € -new.

Now Mass Effect 2 ...:):):) with my Shepard from ME1:)

Great work BioWare!

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

I beat this game last week and am now on my 3rd playthrough. Game is beyond good, it's great but I feel it needs more RPG style and better shooting then it would be complete.

Around the Network

I loved the fact you only get xp from quests just like in Vampire Bloodlines. It rewards roleplaying as opposed to grinding which is boring in my eyes.

Am I the only one who liked the first one better? Despite the graphical and performance issues..

Truth does not fear investigation

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Am I going crazy, here? Didn't Twesterm make a thread a month or so ago saying how TERRIBLE Mass Effect was? I think I even posted in that thread!! Has it happened? Has the "evil" version of Earth crossed the plane into our "good" version of Earth? Is the Justice League our only hope? Is Super-Boy Prime somehow involved??

*Brain explodes*

Yeah it is a true masterpiece.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB