By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Toys R Us: Buy 2, get 1 Free on Wii only

I really love Toys R Us. I am a big boardgame, Lego and to an extent toy fan. Their multiple buy 2 get one deals are just awesome.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
rasone77 said:
It's be nice if we could get some scans of the ads.
I had intended on buying 2 copies of Galaxy tomorrow (one for myself one as a gift for Christmas) but it would make more sense to wait till next week since there are a few other games I'd like. However, if the deal isn't really happening (until I see scanned proff it isn't) and some dude on one of the other sites just made it up, then I'm out a $25 gift card.

I'd like solid confirmation before I start counting my Wii games.

Bod works for Toys R Us, dude.  He probably knows, lol.  BTW, I've seen this posted elsewhere.  It's legit.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Usually it's with a scan though.

I thought Bod worked there, however, my expierince with most of the TRU staff is that they don't know what deals are coming out. I asked 3 different clerks about the Galaxy deal and none of them knew it was happening. I chalked it up as a corperate silence policy.

In any case, I seriously hop[e this is legit, and I'll be playing it as though it is.

Beavis said:
Kasz216 said:
Cool. If it wasn't for the fact that I just found out my Girlfriends Rabbit needes an operation that's going to cost between 600-1000 dollars i'd totally add on to my already dangerously high backlog of games.

That's enough of a deterent to prevent me to do so though. Granted i'd still have the money to do so... but I like to have a lot of money in the bank for things like...

Well bunny eye removals... just hopin it's not cancer. Don't even want to know what that'd cost.

Total bunny replacement = a lot cheaper. 

Yep, not to the girlfriend though. 

Kasz216 said:
Beavis said:
Kasz216 said:
Cool. If it wasn't for the fact that I just found out my Girlfriends Rabbit needes an operation that's going to cost between 600-1000 dollars i'd totally add on to my already dangerously high backlog of games.

That's enough of a deterent to prevent me to do so though. Granted i'd still have the money to do so... but I like to have a lot of money in the bank for things like...

Well bunny eye removals... just hopin it's not cancer. Don't even want to know what that'd cost.

very true indeed

This signature was intentionally left blank

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Beavis said:
Kasz216 said:

Total girlfriend replacement = cheaper too

Does the Wii Remote w/ wii play count? If so I will have miraculously been able to get everything I wanted for my Wii in a matter of just three weeks.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

I'd just like to say that I have three TRU stores within ten miles of my apartment, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to be able to get what I want. ^_^

SW-5120-1900-6153

Yes, Wii Play definitely counts.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bark said:
Kasz216 said:
Beavis said:
Kasz216 said:

Total girlfriend replacement = cheaper too

Understandable that you would want to do this for your girlfriend, but I would at least try to talk to her conerning the fact that we are talking about a rabbit here (in a kind loving way of course).  If it is cancer, are you going to pay for that too?

I have had pets, and learned to love them, but my wife and I keep things in perspective; big difference between a human life and animal life.  That is a lot of money to spend on a pet, but if she loves that rabbit, and that is what you want to do for her; then ultimately it is your choice.