By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story? What the heck is that?

theARTIST0017 said:
KungKras said:
theARTIST0017 said:
NinjaV said:
Nothing as been released about it yet we just know the name and that its a new rpg created by Hironobu Sakaguchi the same guy who created Final Fantasy.

Oh yeah duh. Wow, so this is like, going to be the Wii's FF-XIII . . .

I hope not.

Hopefully it will be like the Wiis FFVI or FFVII

True that. But whats wrong with XIII?

Nothing is wrong with Final Fantasy XIII, but its not the best Final Fantasy EVER MADE like Final Fantasy VI!!!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
theARTIST0017 said:
KungKras said:
theARTIST0017 said:
NinjaV said:
Nothing as been released about it yet we just know the name and that its a new rpg created by Hironobu Sakaguchi the same guy who created Final Fantasy.

Oh yeah duh. Wow, so this is like, going to be the Wii's FF-XIII . . .

I hope not.

Hopefully it will be like the Wiis FFVI or FFVII

True that. But whats wrong with XIII?

It is more J-pop culture rather than medieval epic setting...

I hate it for that too...

It's a story and apparently it is last................where have we heard a similar franchise like that?

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with FFXIII, but FFVI is one of the best RPGs of all time in my opinion.

I'm hoping it's not turn-based at all to be perfectly honest, i wish it'd be closer to the old Mana games, that's probably too much to ask though so if it does insist on being turn-based i hope it's closer to Breath of Fire or Chrono Trigger than Final Fantasy...

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
Imphamis said:
It's a story and apparently it is last................where have we heard a similar franchise like that?

Haha yeah you are right, this is so obvious I didn't even notice it on my own.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

It's GODS gift to nintendo fanboys what more do you need to know?

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

IxisNaugus said:
I'm hoping it's not turn-based at all to be perfectly honest, i wish it'd be closer to the old Mana games, that's probably too much to ask though so if it does insist on being turn-based i hope it's closer to Breath of Fire or Chrono Trigger than Final Fantasy...

Amen brotha. Secret of Mana is one of my favorite RPGS of all time, maybe even my single favorite, in large part because of the fast-paced and addictive real time battles. Unlike most RPGs, the battle system doesn't slow the game down for me and is a lot of fun, feels like a pick up and play arcade style action game while maintaining the complexity of a turn based RPG. If Last Story's battle system is similar to that, it'll be a day one purchase for me.

I definitely agree with the other people here saying it will be more like FF VI than the recent editions, but it shall have an action based battle system, this game has FF reborn written all over it.
FF XIII will still be awesome, so don't worry.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Secret of Mana was great but suffer from cheap gameplay with magic spam.
Holding the box in hand felt great though, heavier than usual.
Opening the box was, too, with a beautiful poster.