By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Traditional Pad or Motion Controls for Wii succesor?

Traditional Pad or Motion Controls for Wii succesor?

Traditional Pad 7 12.96%

Motion Controls 38 70.37%

Something new like natal 9 16.67%

Total:54

If you have to chose between these options for controls Wii succesor, you'll pick up...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Well, 'something new' will likely still be motion controls. After all, Natal is a form of motion control.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Both of course.

i voted something new but i don't really agree with "like natal".

the great thing about the traditional gamepad is that except for RTS you can play any sort of game you want. the wii-mote is amazing in a couple genres but for many other genres i find the wii-mote to be horrible. there has got to be a iteration out there that has both motion controls while still being extremely versatile. that's what i want...

..or i suppose they could just pack a wii-mote and traditional controller in with the system but that just seems too lazy.

I'm with TWRoO, they'll likely support both. Maybe as well as something entirely new, but unlike Natal.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
i voted something new but i don't really agree with "like natal".

the great thing about the traditional gamepad is that except for RTS you can play any sort of game you want. the wii-mote is amazing in a couple genres but for many other genres i find the wii-mote to be horrible. there has got to be a iteration out there that has both motion controls while still being extremely versatile. that's what i want...

..or i suppose they could just pack a wii-mote and traditional controller in with the system but that just seems too lazy.

+1 That would be cool!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I don't think they'd go for something completely new (save that for Wii3) but certainly a refinement of what they have. That would probably be even more immersive (with vitality sensors in the grip for instance) but at the same time, also more functional for more classic game types.

Motions & IR add a lot to certain game types - sandbox, FPS, adventure and sports but detract from or feel mimicky in others, esp: fighters (but then the wiimote is about accessiblity and when was SF ever accessible? My SFIV loving friend was over playing TvsC and while he admits it looks virtually as good and is as much fun to play he sneers at it's accessibility. Some games are not meant to be accessible, they are meant to be mastered by the very serious gamer)

They need to keep the gamepad but have motion controls at the sametime.I don't really like natal because what if I just wanna sit down and relax I can't because im always gonna have to be doing something with my arms.

I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me. What Video Game Character Are You?

Something new like natal? Camera's aren't properly new. Just because it will be the most advanced camera in gaming doesn't mean it is new.

And of course the next wii will bring up motion controls again.

new motion controls I assume, possibly with the option of a traditional pad like the classic controller for the Wii also.