By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
KylieDog said:
I'm trying to work out why Lightening sucks.

I was using Fang/Sahz/vanille and killed adamantoise fine. I decided to switch Sahz for Light since she has better damage potential plus the auto-stagger and I just maxed her Syn role which was the main reason I used Sahz.

Despite having more health than vanille though as well as more damage reduction she keeps dying. Repeatedly. I cannot kill two feet without her dying first.

Whats up? Why she suck?

well, you can easilly prevent that to happen if you change to Sen/Sen/Sen right before the Stomp. (4k..?) if i had to rate the Characters in Battle, i'd go with the following:

Vanille: 10/10 (She IS a Beast, and i manage to deal 999.999 Damage w/her once the enemy is staggered., i killed Long Gui when he felt down first)

Lightning: 9,8/10 (Sadly, she is missing some good skills in some Class-Roles, but she is the best ravager, imo)

Fang: 9,5/10 (Great Commander, but not as useful in other Roles as Light)

Hope: 9,4/10 (Greatly Doing his Job as Syn/Rav, and yes, he hasnt as much life points as the others, but i dont care.)

Snow: 8/10 (The BEST Sentinel available, he can eat damage as it would be nothing. Long Gui's Stomp deal's 100-200 Damage with total defense. but he lacks some Strength and Magic, so the others are a bit more useful in other Roles)

Sazh: 6,5/10 (He's the only one with offensive Syn Spells, but once that Changes, he's Useless, because his stats does suck.)

How much magic do you have in order to pull that off? I have 3K magic and even to 999% staggered Adamantoises, I only do 200K tops o.O

tried to switch to Commander (Com/Com/Com) before the Death Skill Hit's?

During the animation of Death? Nope haven't tried that. Does that make any hit that connects during that animation, a 999.999 strike? o.o

well yes, you have the 2,5x Damage Bonus from the Commander Role, and additional 1,2x of everyone else who is, when you change before the Death-Animation show's the Number.

this, connected w/ all useful Buffs and Debuffs will lead to insane Damage.

I'll try that then xD But how did you took down the legs of the Long Gui before hand? Since you're using Vanille as the party leader, you don't have access to Highwind, which is the fastest way to take them down. 

there are two ways, i tried both:

harder: just pwn them. Com/Rav/Rav - /Rav/Rav/Rav, and if staggered above 700%, Com/Com/Com.

easy: call Hecatoncheir, he'll do the job when summoned, instantly. (and send him back to have all 3 Party-Members out)

edit:

found that one, he's doing the same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWkhmzNdUQ

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
KylieDog said:

I was using Fang/Sahz/vanille and killed adamantoise fine. I decided to switch Sahz for Light since she has better damage potential plus the auto-stagger and I just maxed her Syn role which was the main reason I used Sahz.

Despite having more health than vanille though as well as more damage reduction she keeps dying. Repeatedly. I cannot kill two feet without her dying first.

Whats up? Why she suck?

well, you can easilly prevent that to happen if you change to Sen/Sen/Sen right before the Stomp. (4k..?) if i had to rate the Characters in Battle, i'd go with the following:

Vanille: 10/10 (She IS a Beast, and i manage to deal 999.999 Damage w/her once the enemy is staggered., i killed Long Gui when he felt down first)

Lightning: 9,8/10 (Sadly, she is missing some good skills in some Class-Roles, but she is the best ravager, imo)

Hope: 9,4/10 (Greatly Doing his Job as Syn/Rav, and yes, he hasnt as much life points as the others, but i dont care.)

Snow: 8/10 (The BEST Sentinel available, he can eat damage as it would be nothing. Long Gui's Stomp deal's 100-200 Damage with total defense. but he lacks some Strength and Magic, so the others are a bit more useful in other Roles)

Sazh: 6,5/10 (He's the only one with offensive Syn Spells, but once that Changes, he's Useless, because his stats does suck.)

How much magic do you have in order to pull that off? I have 3K magic and even to 999% staggered Adamantoises, I only do 200K tops o.O

During the animation of Death? Nope haven't tried that. Does that make any hit that connects during that animation, a 999.999 strike? o.o

well yes, you have the 2,5x Damage Bonus from the Commander Role, and additional 1,2x of everyone else who is, when you change before the Death-Animation show's the Number.

I'll try that then xD But how did you took down the legs of the Long Gui before hand? Since you're using Vanille as the party leader, you don't have access to Highwind, which is the fastest way to take them down. 

harder: just pwn them. Com/Rav/Rav - /Rav/Rav/Rav, and if staggered above 700%, Com/Com/Com.

easy: call Hecatoncheir, he'll do the job when summoned, instantly. (and send him back to have all 3 Party-Members out)

I'll try the harder way, since I'm trying to do Long Gui's runs killing all 4 of them on the Steppe before saving. Using the Summon trick will take too much time, since you'll have to recharge TP before each fight.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
KylieDog said:

Whats up? Why she suck?

I'll try the harder way, since I'm trying to do Long Gui's runs killing all 4 of them on the Steppe before saving. Using the Summon trick will take too much time, since you'll have to recharge TP before each fight.

yeah u have to, but Elixir's are a good way to do so. ;) (can be obtained if you dismantle a fully Upgraded Doctors Code/Ärztewissen (<- German Name))

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Just got to the last boss and why if you have 2 Cherub Crown's LVL * does it only have 70% resistance not 90%?

EDIT: First Form done in 4 minutes 55 seconds :)

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

playing the game through a second time is more fun & its nice to relive the magic!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:

Just got to the last boss and why if you have 2 Cherub Crown's LVL * does it only have 70% resistance not 90%?

Stacked accesories lose effectivness, instead of the full effect, you'll get a 2/3 effect.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

wow thats stupid lestatdark

It would be more fun if they didn't lose effectiveness :(

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
wow thats stupid lestatdark

It would be more fun if they didn't lose effectiveness :(

It would be a lot better to set up different builds if they didn't. Currently i'm using two Champion belts * for each of my party, to have 50% physical reduction against Long Gui's. If they didn't lose effectivness, it would stack up to 60%

Given that each Long Gui hit for 15-17K, a single 10% can mean 1.5 - 1.7K damage difference, and if you get double trampled, 3.0-3,4K difference >_< 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:

Stacked accesories lose effectivness, instead of the full effect, you'll get a 2/3 effect.

ahhh thank you :) makes sense really

beat the second form... wow it expected me to beat it in 2 minutes 41 >.< and i thought i was going quickly at 6 minutes 24, that trophy may have to wait till later xD

Leona Lewis at the end... i dislike

Chapter 13 gets a 9.8/10 because of Leona Lewis.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:

ahhh thank you :) makes sense really

beat the second form... wow it expected me to beat it in 2 minutes 41 >.< and i thought i was going quickly at 6 minutes 24, that trophy may have to wait till later xD

Leona Lewis at the end... i dislike

Chapter 13 gets a 9.8/10 because of Leona Lewis.

Later the Target Time for the second form is 1:25, if you have max leveled Tier 3 weapons for your main party. It won't be an issue though, if you have maxed weapons. I can easily shave off 7-8M of 999% staggered enemies, which is more than enough to kill him on his first stagger. 

Also, there's a trophy for defeating him 5/5 too. 

Current PC Build