By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

Questions questions questions once again.

When does Vanille learn Death?

Is chap 11 end boss similar to when I faced him earlier on or is he different this time?

Around the Network
Cross-X said:

Is chap 11 end boss similar to when I faced him earlier on or is he different this time?

She learns Death on Crystarium Level 9, after you defeat the boss of chapter 11 you'll get the level up.

He's different in that he's a single target, but he attacks much more frequently. Plus he debuffs constantly too. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:

She learns Death on Crystarium Level 9, after you defeat the boss of chapter 11 you'll get the level up.

He's different in that he's a single target, but he attacks much more frequently. Plus he debuffs constantly too. 

Right right then would you be able to give some tips to fight him?

Everyone one of my characters have all their abilities learnt so far all main roles are lv4 for each. Will Saboteurs be useless?

I haven't played this game for so long still on chapter 11!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:

Everyone one of my characters have all their abilities learnt so far all main roles are lv4 for each. Will Saboteurs be useless?

Start the battle with full TP, trust me Renew and Dispelga are life savers.

Use Mystic Tower paradigm (SEN/RAV/RAV) to quickly stagger him, then switch to a more offensive paradigm like Relentless Assault or Agression (COM/COM/RAV).

Don't try to heal every debuff, if you feel overwhelmed, use Dispelga.

When you get him to his last 400K, he will use Doom, so be prepared to rush to the end. Equipping a Cherub/Seraph Crown before hand wouldn't hurt. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:
lestatdark said:
Cross-X said:

Start the battle with full TP, trust me Renew and Dispelga are life savers.

Use Mystic Tower paradigm (SEN/RAV/RAV) to quickly stagger him, then switch to a more offensive paradigm like Relentless Assault or Agression (COM/COM/RAV).

Don't try to heal every debuff, if you feel overwhelmed, use Dispelga.

When you get him to his last 400K, he will use Doom, so be prepared to rush to the end. Equipping a Cherub/Seraph Crown before hand wouldn't hurt. 

Thanks and I'll try that soon!

I f***** hate Zinitra. Even with 70% resist Deprotect, he still manages to hit me with that crap. Seriously, WTF.

Current PC Build

Bah, Vanille has to take care of everything XD

Putting her as the leader and giving all Paradigms a SEN-Fang exclusive made that fight a breeze xD

Current PC Build

@kylieDog yes it is.

W00t i got my platinum in 64 hours! yay!

@Lestat

Please tell me that you haven't used that trapezohedron you got yet...