By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

It is on the FFXIII americas day one page. They did an edit.

Around the Network

So... 775,000 total day 1.

~70/30 split between PS3/360 (Rounded up/down 1 point to make things simpler).

~542,500 opening day on PS3
~232,500 opening day on 360

so can it do enough to outsell GTA 4's week 1 on PS3 (worldwide)?!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Doubt it. It needs 1 Million sales on PS3 alone this week. I think it will get 750k-800k.

Full opening week of > 2 Million though. Which is awesome!

Crystalchild said:
Wagram said:
Crystalchild said:
11 took me 6-7 Hours. (almost 8, if you count all my Deaths)

Did you skip all the extras? I hear that some people have spent close to 50 hours in chapter 11.

well... i collected all the Chests (at least i hope so), and i level'd up for quite a while. but yes, you could waste MUCH Time in 11 by doing the Cie'th Stone Missions, but 50 Hours?..  i'll revisit the places later after finishing the game. i heard that's possible.

lol that was me, most of it was after i eat the game. i think i spent 10 hours on it before i beat the game. 

Around the Network

The game has finally given me control over my party and I don't know who to use lol

Does....does lightning have her l'cie mark where I think she does?.... O_O

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@ shorty: yeah, damn hard Question. i have Light/Snow/Hope 80% of the time.

Toriyama: Next story-driven Final Fantasy will be more open than FFXIII

March 11th, 2010 @ 10:31
By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii3

Motomu Toriyama has said the next story-driven Final Fantasy game will be more open-world then Final Fantasy XIII’s mostly linear approach.

Speaking with Gama, however, the FFXIII writer stressed how hard it was to try to get free-roaming stuff and towns into a game with the HD consoles.

“Personally, the Final Fantasies that I have worked on have been very story-driven, so in terms of the development I wanted to, of course, use my personal strengths which where those,” Toriyama said.

“I call it a bento box system, where you have all of the different little things in there. So we had minigames or towns were you were able to talk to all of the townspeople. But with the HD console you’re not really able to do that because it takes so long to develop.

“Now that we have that base technology… The next time you see a Final Fantasy, we might be able to pack in more of those elements that existed in the past.

“And I also think that a game doesn’t need to have all of those items in the future. We can create additional downloadable content for people to add, too. It doesn’t have to come with that game itself.”

Final Fantasy XIII launched in the west on Tuesday for PS3 and 360. Square Enix announced yesterday it had shipped over 5 million units of the game worldwide.

Toriyama will be giving a speech at GDC later today

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/11/toriyama-next-story-driven-final-fantasy-will-be-more-open-than-ffxiii/

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

if i may speak the truth: Toriyama Sucks at Storytelling, compared to Sakaguchi.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I'm trying out Lightning, Sazh and Vanille because their Paradigms go well with the tactics I usually use, we'll see how it goes