By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 doing okay in France

PS3 is surprisingly competitive at $399 price point. Unfortunately it won't even be this weeks data that shows it, but next weeks.

Why won't this week pass already....I need my stats fix!

still, I wish they would match xbox on price...then we'd see how competitive the systems really are....

Around the Network

It's not a surprise for me who live in France. The ps3 seems really to be very strong in France. Since 2 november (one week after his launch), i have never see for the moment pes 2008 in France on ps3. So all the first shipment has been sold in few days which is very very enormous.

Saiyar said:
I doubt it is sod to consumers since it is such a big number but recently Sony have had a tendancy to talk about numbers sold to cosnumers when mentioning sales in individual European countries so I can't be sure.

Well retailers are their consumers.

so, do the numbers need adjusting? I'm the EU is in for some work come March

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yes, the PS3 is strong in France, but 100k... I mean, it's only 50k from US figures.
We (yes, i'm french) are 65 millions, US are over 300 millions. It's would be a very close gap between those two markets...

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
According to vgchartz:

Week ending - sales

14th of October - 12851
21st of October - 12498
28th of October - 8627
4th of November - 6451

Total - 40427

That only shows that vgchartz is quite a bit off and have to do some adjustements .And ,judging by late behaviour by ioi this data will be included to change the numbers.You know as well as I do this will happen as it has happened before,after all ioi want to keep his data the closer possible to reality .Maybe this is a shipped number ,but judging how the PS3 is approaching in Europe the rupture of stock (the 60Gb stock is sold almost completely excepto for some tiny stores nobody would search a PS3 there so they still have units ,and the 40Gb unit has very very few units at display because it is selling real fast ) we can easily understand that right now shipped is very approximative to sold as they have to send a lot more machines each week to avoid a rupture of stock and have the factories working hard to avoid this .

The sales data for France should be waay higher than vgchartz posted ,and probably the same is happening in most european countries .More so ,the sales arent decreasing fast as some pointed out .

@Cryoakira: We are not talking about one week France sales. Since price cut means probably 4 weeks (if they are counting week which ended 10th than even 5).

Mhhh... Yes, and ?
4 weeks (price cut 10/10/07)/France (65 millions)/100k.
4 week/US (300 millions)/150k.

Believe me, for France, if this figure is true (it's possible), it's absolutly HUGE.

then we must also take into consideration that 360 and Wii could also be off.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@Cryoakira: Yes, if the numbers is true, it's pretty huge but not imposible.