By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - will miyamoto save sega japan?

I'm actually pretty confident that we'll see Sonic in SSBB. But you know what, that won't be the coolest addition. No the coolest addition will be Mii's. Yup, I'm predicting that you'll be able to beat up Pikachu as yourself, or your mom, or whoever else you want to make. You heard it here first.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Oh yes I'd love to see my little Mii running around beating the crap outta pikachu, please please please be true. I hope i dont have to call you a liar stof

who other than miyamoto are some of the great game designers in japan? seems like that's the only name i hear about. OT: all of the gaming ideas, making Mii's on SSBB is probably the only one that gets me excited! it's so obviously a mega-seller at a low production cost... the only thing that suffers is the integrity of the game. or maybe nintendo is making a standalone Mii fighter... if they have Mii's in SSBB i go from a non-buyer to a buyer of the game, period.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Miis would be a cool addition, but I think they should be under-powered, or limited somehow. The point of SSB is for video game characters to fight, not the Polygon Team or Wire Frames. :-p But even with Miyamoto working on Olympics, I'm a bit apprehensive. This is what fanboys have been talking about for almost 20 years, now. It can work, but in order for this to work, it has to be a *really* good game, and I'm not sure this game is oing to be that "really good" game.

I am starting to agree with you fishamaphone, when has there ever been a good olympics game? Do you think it will be done wii sports style? simplified game mechanics or will they try another path with this game? I am for some strange reason really looking forward to this game, and im not 100% sure why.........

Around the Network

dallas said: I don't think that ths game will do well at all. Anything involving 20 or even 10 different sports is going to be pulling itself in so many directions that the game play is going to be horrible.
Well, who knows how it will ACTUALLY turn out (so many Olympics based games have sucked - yet sold really well anyway). Wii Sports has 5 - I would expect about 20 or so in this. But a lot of them are a lot simpler or similar (Javelin / Discus / Shotput - if included - are all very similar). I think both studios recognise the size/potential of this (the licensing fees alone would be huge), so this isn't some 'trivial' title they would take likely. In fact, its pretty rare for Nintendo to license ANYTHING (except for some popular sports person for a sports game). I don't want to say this will rock - too little information around for such a grand statement, and Sega hasn't had a great track record recently ;) But I have my fingers crossed.. this *could* be huge...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If they had one generic Mii set of powers, but the ability to use any Mii, I think that could be quite a valid character in SSBB. And OH man, would multiplayer battles be AMAZING. I mean, playing Samus vs Link was cool, but beating up my actual friend? Even better! It wouldn't be too hard to do either...maybe with some body modification like they do within the various Wii Sports games or in Wario Ware... It would add so much replay value to the game...even if the Mii wasn't that great, I know me and my friends would always use them. Reggie Mii vs Phil Harrison Mii! Mario vs Sonic vs Snake vs Hitler = Best battle ever. Ahem...and yeah, Olympics and such.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )