By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bought Twilight Princess at launch, and I still haven't finished it.

Yup. I put 12 hours into it, and they were 12 of the worst hours I've ever spent playing a Zelda game.

That's not to say the game is bad. I mean, for me, "the worst Zelda I've ever played" is like saying "the ugliest supermodel I've ever slept with."  And it's not to say parts of it weren't fun -- I thoroughly enjoyed the first and second dungeons. But I hated running around as a wolf, and I hated the 90-minute-long tutorial-and-exposition crapfest (please, Nintendo, after OoT's painful 30-minute intro, you were supposed to make these shorter), and I hated the cinematic battles. I understood what they were trying to do with them, and I applaud the effort. The carriage chase and the bridge battles would have really made a strong impact if they didn't SUCK so much!

Anyway, my expectations for a new Zelda game, especially one that's supposedly the spiritual successor to OoT, were very high, and the first 12 hours of TP have utterly failed to live up to those expectations. I can go into more detail on this later, but I've just realized how hungry I am, so I'm going to go fire up the toaster oven.

Around the Network

you can blame miyamoto for the three day training crapfest. It was originally one day but he said there should be more.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

it does get a lot better, you should give it another chance. i loved it personally

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

It starts slow, but it gets great, it really does, however I haven't complete it and I got mine at launch as well.

ArtofAngels said:
It starts slow, but it gets great, it really does, however I haven't complete it and I got mine at launch as well.

Everyone tells me this (my food is now in the oven), which gives me hope. But if I had to review it based on the first 12 hours, it would get a 7.0, and I expect a platform-flagship-title Zelda game to be more like a 9.5.

Around the Network

I bought it at launch (because it and Excite Truck came with my Costco bundle) and I have not even played it. I did watch a friend play it for a couple of hours though. Oh, and I also watched my brother play it for a couple of hours. They both love it and it did look badass. I bought Wind Waker for Gamecube and want to finish that 1st. I am only a few hours into it and don't expect to finish March. I also will not play SMG until I finish Crash for Gamecube, which I should finish this month.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

you said its more like a 7.0 from what youve played. well it obvisously gets better because it IS a 9.5 (or there about) game on game rankings. and its not like reviewers are zelda-biased. i though phantom hourglass was great and its not even above 9.0

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Entroper said:
ArtofAngels said:

Everyone tells me this (my food is now in the oven), which gives me hope. But if I had to review it based on the first 12 hours, it would get a 7.0, and I expect a platform-flagship-title Zelda game to be more like a 9.5.

Having my food in the oven would also give me hope. Hot meals are just so underrated these days.

As for Zelda TP - havent finished it yet either. Those cinematic battles really do annoy me as well. Especially the burning wagon stuff.

Lost interest and am currently playing Endless Ocean, which handles the tutorial part much better. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Play the game, Entroper!

Don't judge so quickly.

The game took me 4 months to beat with full-time job and all.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I'm on the part right after the water temple, supposed to go to the desert. Imo it still hasn't picked up. The best temple so far in the game has been the first... goron mines was good too. Water temple was crap... as is those endless "collect the chalice water" beast mission. IMO phantom hourglass is better :X