By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bought Twilight Princess at launch, and I still haven't finished it.

I thought the game was way better than Ocarina of Time, and it's now my 2nd favorite Zelda! My favorite is still Link's Awakening, Game Boy 1993 style. I really liked the bridge battle and wagon chase battle. But hey, this is coming from a guy who prefers a top-down Zelda with 4 shades of "cream spinach color."

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

Let him have his opinion on the first 12 hours of the game. My wife's the kind of gamer who will watch you play a game, but never play it herself. Or will start a game, but if something happens she doesn't like, like dying without saving for awhile, she'll stop playing.

When you play a game, you go into it knowing it could be good or bad, you've got your assumptions and information from reviews, albeit a lot can be overly or underly biased, and it's up to you to stick through with it. Like that girl you used to date and even though she was kind've ugly, and had a hump and you'd only take her out at night, there were some good times right? I LOVE YOU KRISTINA!!!! :P

I have to echo the sentiments of others. The first bit was a bit tedious but it shined once I got into middle and late portions of the game.

To Each Man, Responsibility

it gets better the further you go,for me this is the best zelda i have played

At about 20 hours (only got the Wii recently). I love it. Not quite OoT for me, though I fear nothing ever will be. Even Bioshock wasn't better than Oot. But absolutely a stellar game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

well once i had finished the main story i felt a little drained of amazingness, unlike with OoT/WW which had me wanting more once i had finished.

however I have started another save file recently (and did one a while ago too)and it is an amazing game.... It just makes me want to play it to the end each time i start, even though when i get to the end i kind of think something has been missing.
(the next zelda better not end like the previous ones, i was incredibly frustrated when i finished OoT and i had to reset the N64....i wanted to walk around Hyrule with everyone either congratulating me on saving the kingdom, or else making comments about how the world is returning to normal but blissfully unaware Link was anything to do with it....I wanted to see the Zora again!)

If i were to judge the games when they came out, it would go WW>OoT>>>TP
but if i judge them as of now, (ie OoT has been out so long it is starting to lose it's greatness) it would be WW>>>TP>OoT

to go slightly off topic...
what is everyones favourite dungeon? I would say the Yetis ice house, mainly because it was so different from other dungeons, it was nice to just have a padlock on locked doors too, rather than the chains etc.

Does pick up a bit not long after the third temple. When you can change between wolf and Link at will, and warp pretty much anywhere you want. Still I felt this Zelda was somewhat too focused on the main story, lacked enough decent side stuff to mess around with in my opinion. Ending came other rather forced to me, and most of the dungeons feel like rehashes. Except the Yeti’s house, his was really cool, easily my favorite dungeon.

See if you can stomach things far enough to get the Master Sword. If it doesn’t pick up for you after that, it’s probably not going to happen. I agree with you on the carriage and bridge fights being a pain. They’d look a lot cooler if they weren’t so annoying. =P

For me I was blown away at first, with the art style and the gameplay. Yes the tutorial went on a bit long. But as I kept playing it I realized the the cool horse fighting was getting old. The goran mines were cool but the water temple was terrible. So I have put it down and may never pick it back up again. But to be honest I am not the biggest Zelda lover. It doesn't have the same depth as an RPG, and will always fail in action to a platformer like Mario for my tastes. I guess the constant collecting of random crap which is a hallmark of Zelda isn't my bag.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I played it all the way through and loved it, there were moments where i got annoyed and was frustrated with but then again there was with OoT too (my favourite game of all time). For example the dungeon in Jabu's belly in OoT just bored me senseless. I just fought through it and came upon the GOLD that lay after.

Games i'm currently playing:

Being someone who played Ocarina of Time a little over a year ago, I think that Twilight Princess easily beats it in every way, shape, and fashion.

That said, I haven't beaten it yet, because I suddenly lost interest in it months ago. And this was a game I got at launch.

Wasn't due to me not liking it...just lost interest. I am now back to it, and having a blast with it. Way better then Ocarina. Of course, I'm not wearing the rose tinted goggles most are wearing, because I skipped the 32/64 bit generation.