By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy Hell hardware adjustments!

huaxiong90 said:
Khuutra said:
Smeags said:
I'm feeling the love in this thread, and it's a beautiful thing.

Anywho, hardware adjustments shmardware adjustments. Where's Others software sales for this past week?

We've had like half a dozen permabans - or more. It never occurred to me - and I mean this - that the topic might turn out this way.

Let's see: BigBoobieHead, fxa5209, Bullza, Choppedliver, scabab, ultraslick. Yep, half a dozen indeed.

They brought it on theirselves, though.

Ultraslick got perma'd? Man, this thread is a graveyard. Meltdowns indeed.

Can't say they didn't have it coming, though.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

From the 4 million shipped a good amount of those could be for replacement of YLOD'd systems or something else...

?

Vgchartz is in a transition stage I guess. I am kind of disapointed that the idea of a subscription service has been dropped if only because I want to see the site take the next step in terms of tracking ability.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

this thread blew up.

This thread is like a mouse trap, you need to be careful or you will be caught and banished. People are complaining about adjustments, but they are for making the numbers more accurate, which is what I like to see.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
Vgchartz is in a transition stage I guess. I am kind of disapointed that the idea of a subscription service has been dropped if only because I want to see the site take the next step in terms of tracking ability.

The business subscriptions are still being worked on, so things will look the same to you, but the site will still be growing.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

i'm getting dizzy from all these adjustments

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Enough with the adjustments, I want others SW

ClaudeLv250 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Khuutra said:
Smeags said:
I'm feeling the love in this thread, and it's a beautiful thing.

Anywho, hardware adjustments shmardware adjustments. Where's Others software sales for this past week?

We've had like half a dozen permabans - or more. It never occurred to me - and I mean this - that the topic might turn out this way.

Let's see: BigBoobieHead, fxa5209, Bullza, Choppedliver, scabab, ultraslick. Yep, half a dozen indeed.

They brought it on theirselves, though.

Ultraslick got perma'd? Man, this thread is a graveyard. Meltdowns indeed.

Can't say they didn't have it coming, though.

I think we need threads like this on a regular basis. If it's a way to get d1ckheads permabanned so the saite gets rid of some of the chaff then this is a good thing. This sort of thing raises the average IQ among site members I think.

On another note: Do I see that there have been some further adjustments? Yesterday Wii was at 49.4% market share now it's at 49.2%. Thats a 270K-ish change overnight. And I'm pretty sure the PS3-360 gap was 5.8 million yesterday and it's grown to >5.9 million. Wii market share goes down, PS3-360 gap goes up (though Wii market share goes up overall from these adjustments), seems 360 has improved it's market share position a tad in the last 24 hrs.

Mostly what we generally thought we knew last week is still what we know this week, EXCEPT that PS3 hasn't actually overtaken 360 LTD in Others as of yet; that's possibly a 500K shift in relative position there? That seems like a seismic adjustment, but in reality it's not much in the grand scheme of things, it just so happens that because PS3 and 360 are so close in Others the adjustment caused a reversal in current market position. The same adjustment in a year's time probably won't cause a change in relative market position.

Is 2-3 million units on shop shelves / in the distribution pipeline really that much globally? Averaged over all the countries where PS3 is sold it's probably only a few 10's of thousands per country. Doesn't seem too far fetched.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Carl2291 said:
Killergran said:
After calculating a bit more, I found that the second change was:

Wii - UP 160k
PS3 - UP 330k
Xbox - UP 470k

Bringing the total of this round of adjustments to:

Wii - UP 140k
PS3 - DOWN 820k
Xbox - DOWN 180k

Im shocked that one console can be overtracked by so much...

Will be interesting to see if there are any future adjustments after shipment numbers come in.

The Wii was adjusted down for about 1m last year, and I assure you that the meltdown wasn't nearly as big as this.. infact, many people were happy

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||