By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to post Y100 bln OP profit in Oct-Dec.

NFreak said:
Only a 1 billion USD profit? I guess I shouldn't complain, as it's been so long since they have been profitable.

sony has been always profitable except the last 1-1.5 year.these are the combined numbers.we don't know if the playstation division is profitable or not

Around the Network

After all the cost cutting, it would be a disaster if they couldn't make a profit in the holiday quarter. Most of Sony's products benefit from holiday sales.

IMO, good news if it holds up (this is just an estimate after all), but not earth-shattering.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kowenicki said:
people do know this isnt net profit.... right?

I do. People dont realise they can still be in the red.

yes and there you go the first profit in ages, i hope this continues, way to go Sony!!

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

orly? is this good?

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
NFreak said:
Only a 1 billion USD profit? I guess I shouldn't complain, as it's been so long since they have been profitable.

sony has been always profitable except the last 1-1.5 year.these are the combined numbers.we don't know if the playstation division is profitable or not

Actually the article clearly states "Sony has seen sales of its PlayStation 3 game console grow sharply after a price cut earlier last year. The video game business will post its first operating profit in four quarters in the October-December period, the Nikkei said."

Unless of course by profitable you mean making a net profit, I don't think they're there yet.

Interesting. Pity the game division has merged with other divisions, we're not going to actually see a break down as to how their Playstation related business performed.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

finally sony congrats!!

i helped in it
my vaio it's awesome

@ kowen: care to explain, because I don't understand a thing about all those specifics. Would be much appreciated (and I'm not being sarcastic here, just in case someone implies that :p)

well cheers for sony! ...still i'm more interested in the playstation division.