By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

makingmusic476 said:

Also, Twestern has had a deep dislike for the ps3 for quite some time, and this dislike has been prevalent throughout his posting history, yet according to this thread, he never really had any hands on experience with the machine or its games until today. If that doesn't scream "BIAS!" I don't know what does.

I can dislike the taste of cow dung without ever eating it.

I can dislike the a lime green and pink polka dot shirt without ever wearing it.

You don't have to try everything before you announce you dislike it.  Twesterm actually gave it a chance and has found out that it hasn't lived up to his expectations.  This may change in the future, it may not.  He has taken the first step toward trying something new, give him a break.

finalsquall said:

If you going to review a console - then do it objectively not in a manner that pulls down the console.

Idiocy.  If you are going to review anything, it should be an honest review filled with honest opinions.  Whether the reviewed item comes out as a stinking pile of dung or smelling like a rose is irrelevant.

Also, anyone claiming objectivity in a review that includes anything other than statistical data and hard evidence is a liar.

Around the Network

Thanks for understanding twesterm.

Even if you didn't like it, it's none of your business. The "constructive" comment was half joke, half payback, the "chump" comment was 90%.

But, I'm probably talking to myself here.

finalsquall said:

@^Sqrl

All I get out of your long winded effort is. Blah Blah Blah Blah. Go play wif your Mii and compete with all the other soccer mom's and grannies.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

rocketpig said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Oh my god, you just mention things which I will hate... please, please tell me the BC is okay, or isn't?

In the 20 & 60 gig models, BC is brilliant. Upscaled PS2 games FTW. The only problem is a lack of rumble, which will be addressed shortly.

I can't speak for the 40 & 80 gig models, I have yet to play them.

That sounds like music to my ears. I've bought the 60GB version ;) Lack of rumble no problem, I've hardly ever used rumble with my PS2 anyway ;)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Whats ur psn id!! Onna!

mM
Around the Network

Haven't got it yet, still with the clearance and waiting for the amount of taxes *eeks*. Dunno when to expect it. They said this week for sure.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

sieanr said:

PSN; Everytime I play RFOM online I have to agree to the user terms of service, and I think it does the same bull with everything else. Thats just stupid and annoying, especially since it doesn't happen on the 360.

Is this true?  That sounds pointless and annoying.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

makingmusic476 said:

Also, Twestern has had a deep dislike for the ps3 for quite some time, and this dislike has been prevalent throughout his posting history, yet according to this thread, he never really had any hands on experience with the machine or its games until today. If that doesn't scream "BIAS!" I don't know what does

Actually. I have had experience with PS3 games before, just never fiddled with the XMB or the PSN before.

sinha said:

sieanr said:

PSN; Everytime I play RFOM online I have to agree to the user terms of service, and I think it does the same bull with everything else. Thats just stupid and annoying, especially since it doesn't happen on the 360.

Is this true? That sounds pointless and annoying.

its not.. i went through it ZERO times. Easy to get past.. just need a half a brain to do it. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@Sinha
If by "agree to user terms of service" you mean "press x twice" yes, it does make you agree to the user terms of service. In the same way that you have to press "start" every time you put your game back in the machine to play it. It takes me literally a half a second to do, I didn't even notice it after the first time I did it.