By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

Diomedes1976 said:
Who cares what a hater says ?I wont eve waste my time responding to this .

You just did...?

Around the Network

bleh

twesterm said:

You missed the point of the whole cable ordeal. It isn't the price of the cables but the fact the PS3 is advertised as this wonderful HD machine and the fact they sneaked BluRay in and yet they didn't have the decency to include cables to take advantage of all this stuff. You're right, on a $400+ console $15 isn't that much, but it does say something about the console when it isn't included.

As for Heavenly Sword, once again, a demo is supposed to give you an impression of the final game. With the HS demo, all I got was a boring button masher. It's cool if you like the game and think it's deep, I simply think it's shallow boring garbage. I tried the different combos and all that jazz and I did better just randomly pressing buttons. By the end of the incredibly short demo I was already bored out of my mind; that's really all there is to it for me. I'm sure the SIXAXIS shooting portions were a riot, but that's not the main gameplay hook and they weren't in the demo so I can't very well comment on them (and I'm not going to spend $60 just to test it).

@1st paragraph: I agree, if you're going to push it as HD and include a Blu-ray player, include some cables that let you use HD.  Just a quick question -- are there any other Blu-ray or HD DVD players that come with composite cables?  Just how stupid would that be?  And if people are going to argue that $15-30 isn't much to spend on cables for a $400-500 console, the flipside to that is that a cable that costs $5 to make isn't much to include in the box for a $400-500 console.  If that's where they're trying to save money, they might as well not include cables at all -- after all, it's not that much for you to spend, right? :P

@2nd paragraph: I've played the HS demo twice at kiosks, and I must echo your opinion once again.  It's boring, confusing button mashing.  Since I only own a Wii, I make it a point to try out game demos for the other consoles whenever I'm in a store that has them available.  And yes, demos are supposed to give you an impression of the final game -- why the hell else would they have them?  Thus far, I've played demos of Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, and Gran Turismo HD, and all of them have been big disappointments.  At least for GTHD, I know that they're spending another full year or more on GT5, and I've seen videos showing drastic improvements -- but the other games are finished.  Demos are supposed to make me want to buy the game and/or console, not make me want to avoid buying it.

finalsquall said:

@Sqrl

Man, let someone who hates the Wii and review the Wii and see if they can survive the onslaught of abuse. Face it, on this site it's ok to put down the ps3, but not the Wii. Wii fans are like - oh well be nice it's his opinion. Unfortunately, if it was the Wii getting scrutinized then the Sony fan would be flamed and banned somehow?

If you going to review a console - then do it objectively not in a manner that pulls down the console. Making a review like this means you have to be ready for criticisms. It doesn't mean you have to love the consol, but you can weight the pros and cons. This review was a blatant put down, from someone who is known as a ps3 hater. I read all the post that relate to the ps3 and he is there to criticize.

Man I hate the thought of the Wii and have tried it and I can acknowledge that it has some fine points as does the 360. I prefer the ps3. Overall, this site might as well be known as a Wii site, because that is the one console you can have on a pedestal.

Well first of all this is a complete redirection of the thread. You want to make this about something else so that you can once again avoid the topic. The fact that Montana applauds your push off topic is not exactly comforting.

To answer it briefly: If you or anyone else wants to purchase and post your Wii impressions feel free. But the problem is that you and many others seem to believe that a point by point rebuttal is the same thing as a broad and sweeping bitch fest. Its not, with very few exceptions the responces to twestern have been bitch bitch and bitch some more rather than debate, rebutt, and debate some more. If you can't figure out why the two are treated differently that is not my fault.

And I am glad to see you finished your post off with more moaning about how the PS3 can never get a fair shake and the Wii is treated special here. Actually the Wii has supporters who can actually hold down their end of a debate without descending into a fit of whining and complaining. Notice how that was exactly what I was requesting from people? Notice how I haven't supported a single one of twestern's conclusions because I haven't had the hands on with the console to make a judgement...and notice how with exception of some early short posts and slorgnet's post there has been nothing but bitching from the pro-PS3 side so far.

Yes I can really see how you make your case for yourself...nice job.

Now can we end this mod-supported derail of the thread and is there anyone else who has a thoughtful opinion of the OP, contrasting or corresponding? At this point I would prefer a contrasting viewpoint to add some balance.

PS - Montana your assertion that you were kidding is absolutely bogus. I've really gotten tired of giving you the benefit of the doubt only to be dissapointed and I'm just not willing to do it this time. The context of the thread and the demeanor of your post was far from joking.

Or was this a joke too? "Twesterm rarely posts something constructive, so why the double standard?"

Actually I can tell you precisely what it was, and what many of your posts in this thread and others is classified as. Its called sardonic sarcasm. Look it up. Its not a joke, its a way of being rude and maintaining the ability to claim that you were joking.

To Each Man, Responsibility

MontanaHatchet said:
It's just fairness.

Twesterm rarely posts something constructive, so why the double standard?

I find this just a little amusing coming from someone that is infamous for non-constructive posts. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

@^Sqrl

All I get out of your long winded effort is. Blah Blah Blah Blah.  Go play wif your Mii and compete with all the other soccer mom's and grannies.  

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
bbsin said:
Kasz216 said:
Quickdraw McGraw said:
Wow, that was one of the worst reviews of any system I've read here.
I won't elaborate (Obviously nothing will change you mind), but in all honesty it was just plain biased, and not worth anyone's time.
You spoke some truth, the lack of HD cables is annoying/as well as short USB, and the PS Store (While not as bad as you make it out to be) does need plenty of work.

Oh, and I'm still confused people are trying to make the Uncharted demo look bad. It's alright for the PS3 to have a great game, seriously. I can see if you didn't enjoy it (Which is personal opinion, and totally understandable), but the complaints you listed were totally insignificant (You didn't like getting shot while in the middle of a melee fight? How's that a fault?).

Well that is a bit of an AI flaw. No one shoots at someone when they're in a Melee fight in real life. You've got about as good a shot as hitting your own guy as you do the guy your aiming at.

Unless, ofcourse those people happen to be pirates that's sole mission is to kill their target. I'm pretty sure they would not care about anyone but themselves and getting paid.

Yeah. Even if your the worst kind of person in the world. You arn't going to risk killing your own ally to take out your mark. It's the easiest way to end up out of even illegal buisnesses like piratry. Most likely by getting a bullet in your head by your remaining allys. Or the guy you almost shot if you actually got your mark.

No one wants to work with someone like that. Even the scum of the planet.

No one, unless it's a pirate that's just in it for more money.

No. Not even a pirate just in it for the money would do that.

Because then they would just end up killed by any remaining allies, if not by the ally he was shooting at in the first place. Anyone who shoots into a melee combat with someone who's on the same side as them are going to find a bullet in their skull soon after. Hence why even the worst of the worst would never do that.

Yeah.... go rent a documentary about modern pirates and you'll be see. Pirates are nothing more than mercenaries and usually the less people alive after a "job" the more money to go around. Some pirates in foreign countries kidnap children of poor families for money so some sickos can use the children as slaves and prostitutes. There are also times where pirates resort to cannibalism when they are in a tough spot.... yes that's right, they eat their so called "allies" when they get hungry. Modern pirates these days are not the same pirates as the ones in movies like "pirates of the caribbean" where you have them singing and doing chores on a boat. Modern pirates (the ones displayed in Uncharted) are more often compared to mercenaries and terrorist, which would go to the lengths of killing each other if it meant the "reward" was on the line.

I actually know plenty about modern pirates.  Anyone would result to cannibalism if they were hungry enough.  Mercenaries and Terrorists would also never kill their own men to reach their goals (aside from the occasional Jihadist, but even then they kill themselves, not others.  The kiddinapping children of the poor is pointless either, cause i never said they were nice.  Just that anyone who isn't a sociopath knows that shooting at someone in melee is the easiest way to get yourself killed because even pirates have to work with each other, and no one wants to work with someone who is going to shoot at them.  The soiciopaths who don't know this either get kicked out, or killed for being sociopaths.  Usually in the case of a place like pirates, killed.  Because, like you say... more money to go around.

Oh my god, you just mention things which I will hate... please, please tell me the BC is okay, or isn't? At times I regret buying it to be honest... while I don't even have it in yet. And that also with paying a freaking high amount of taxes! The damn console cost me more than in the Netherlands. I think in the end I'm better off with my WII and am afraid I bought the PS3 way too soon, only because freaking Sony had to remove the BC! Fucktards they are. *Pardon me*.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

finalsquall said:

@^Sqrl

All I get out of your long winded effort is. Blah Blah Blah Blah. Go play wif your Mii and compete with all the other soccer mom's and grannies.

Thank you for proving my point. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

^sqrl

Thank you for proving mine.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil