By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 voted the best game of all time by Famitsu readers

no1goes said:
lol Older games are just terrible by today's standard.
This list shows that Japanese people are very honest, unlike western old trolls who think old games are still good today.
Seriously, who can enjoy the super mario bros 1 today?
Recently I played some SNES games that were popular on virtual console and they were so boring compared to recent games. I also played some popular PS1 games and they were just terrible.
Most recent games are far better than old good games.
The fact you enjoyed old games IN THAT OLD ERA does not mean those games are as good as recent games.
And bayonetta and super mario bros wii, which got 40 of 40 in Famitsu, are not included in this list. JP gamers do not vote for games which got high scores but in fact are not so good.

this is just wrong.  You may not like older games, that doesn't mean anything.  I'm not being dishonest by sitting here and enjoying the hell out of older games.  Mario 1 is actually a really good game, that is why NSMB wii is selling so much, because NSMB wii is actually not much more advanced then that game.  Mario Galaxy is much more advanced, but it will not be enjoyed by nearly as many people.  Meanwhile Mario 1 keeps selling millions on virtual console.  I am currently playing shadow dancer, a really nice purchase.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Wow, I'm surprise there's no mario on there. Guess my gaming preferences are similar to many famitsu readers.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

haxxiy said:

Did you guys forgot last Famitsu's list back in 2005? I guess you are the ones suffering from amnesia!

It was like FF/DQ/FF/FQ/FF/DQ/FF/DQ/FF/DQ... I'm glad to see stuff like MH, Persona 4 and MGS4 making into the list.

If that list proves anything is that linear FFX/FFXIII >>> "open-world" FFXII in Famitsu's readers opinion. And that newer games beat older games. Open your minds! Ocarina of Time is barely playable nowadays. The only old game that should have made into this list is FFVI.

You are so right. Ocarina of time is just crap today. Old FF games are still good because they have great stories but ocarina's story is just terrible and the gameplay is obviously outdated and not fun.

no1goes said:
This list shows that Japanese people are very honest, unlike western old trolls who think old games are still good today.
Recently I played some SNES games that were popular on virtual console and they were so boring compared to recent games. I also played some popular PS1 games and they were just terrible.
The fact you enjoyed old games IN THAT OLD ERA does not mean those games are as good as recent games.
And bayonetta and super mario bros wii, which got 40 of 40 in Famitsu, are not included in this list. JP gamers do not vote for games which got high scores but in fact are not so good.

Hey welcome to the site buddy.

You're wrong.

johnsobas said:
no1goes said:

this is just wrong.  You may not like older games, that doesn't mean anything.  I'm not being dishonest by sitting here and enjoying the hell out of older games.  Mario 1 is actually a really good game, that is why NSMB wii is selling so much, because NSMB wii is actually not much more advanced then that game.  Mario Galaxy is much more advanced, but it will not be enjoyed by nearly as many people.  Meanwhile Mario 1 keeps selling millions on virtual console.  I am currently playing shadow dancer, a really nice purchase.

No, he is right. Mario games on the VC sell based on nostalgia to the same people that grew playing Mario in the 80's and 90's because that's what was avaliable at that time. Try to convince anyone who started playing at the PS2 era to enjoy the first Marios. You simply can't because he will be able to perceive the many flaws nostalgia allow people to overlook.

I've studied about the subject god dammit so I really don't care a little if you disagree because I know that's true. The same goes for music and books.

Around the Network

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

WOW

I KNEw FF13 wasn't hated in Japan like sme people tried to make us believe!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

And people still say that Final Fantasy XIII was rejected by japanese players. Riiiiight....
So much hate for what?

rccsetzer said:
And people still say that Final Fantasy XIII was rejected by japanese players. Riiiiight....
So much hate for what?

many people here carry hatred for FFXIII & FF in general

some because it changed & didn't go forward in the way they wanted it to

some because sakaguchi & uematsu aren't there anymore

some because it will outsell every other RPG on consoles

some because it went multiplat

All the haters united & we got more whining from people who never played it, from people cancelling their pre-orders to god knows what else.

Basically some guys didn't like it & finally haters got their field day & turned into a "Japan Hates FFXIII" campaign. Finally they would see a Final Fantasy fail.....but that wasn't to happen.

In the end the fact that is crystal clear is that the game is being loved.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

no1goes said:

LMAO @ this fail post ROFL

I guess being 19 is old by today's standard, eh?

I still play SMB1 on my PC and iPhone, and still enjoy it as if I played it for the first time. Also Tetris is still addictive as hell. SMB and Tetris are the definition of classic.

Played Final Fantasy VI (III US) for the first time on an SNES emulator. That game blew me away. Better than anything I played this gen.

yes Tetris is good even today.
But most old games are far worse than recent games.