By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 voted the best game of all time by Famitsu readers

absolute fail list for no Ocarina of Time.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Wagram said:
The original FF4 was a JOKE. The DS one is alot harder. and FF5 isn't all that bad. I have beat every FF game that I can possibly do.

FF4 has some really hard parts, especially the Adamantium turtles in the cave next to Mysonia or the Bahamut Cave in the moon. 

FF5 was really easy, until you meet those two guys xD I laughed my ass off when I saw my Excalibur wielding Knight, with 250 Attack, do only 100 damage to Omega :P

FF games aren't hard per se, when you compare them with other JRPG's, but they do have some areas or enemies where the difficulty curve goes up by a huge margin 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

They're calling this harder than FF1, FF2, and FF4?

Yeah, even harder than FF4. Now this may be only due to lack of memory from previous FF games, but lots of people get stuck in certain hunts, especially the superboss ones. I still need to see to believe, but i'll be glad if I can finally see a FF fight top the difficulty of Omega and Shinryu from FF5 (yep, those are the hardest fights in all FF history imo xD)

I never fought Omega or Shinryu in FFV, but if they compare to Warmech....

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

Yeah, even harder than FF4. Now this may be only due to lack of memory from previous FF games, but lots of people get stuck in certain hunts, especially the superboss ones. I still need to see to believe, but i'll be glad if I can finally see a FF fight top the difficulty of Omega and Shinryu from FF5 (yep, those are the hardest fights in all FF history imo xD)

They're pretty much Warmech souped up. Especially Omega, the biggest amount of damage you could possibly do to him with max stats was 500, and he could do two to three attacks per round from 3000-7000 HP. Plus, his AoE Laser had a 50% chance to instantly K.O every member in your party. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

They're pretty much Warmech souped up. Especially Omega, the biggest amount of damage you could possibly do to him with max stats was 500, and he could do two to three attacks per round from 3000-7000 HP. Plus, his AoE Laser had a 50% chance to instantly K.O every member in your party. 

....How the Hell are you supposed to fight that?

I don't know if optional hunts are a good indicator of how hard a game's main quest is, though, which is what I usually mean when I tal about difficulty. The part of FFV that I've played (not a ton, I admit) doesn't really compare to equivalent quest stuff from FFI or FFIV

Around the Network
Wagram said:
I can't wait for Edges score. I'm predicting a 5/10.

Edge gave FF10 a 6/10

I don't expect much from them

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I remember when I got that damn Excalipur in V and I was all like HELL YES! Until I used it.

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

....How the Hell are you supposed to fight that?

I don't know if optional hunts are a good indicator of how hard a game's main quest is, though, which is what I usually mean when I tal about difficulty. The part of FFV that I've played (not a ton, I admit) doesn't really compare to equivalent quest stuff from FFI or FFIV

The only actual method I could do it was have a pre-prepared team with Haste Shoes, first turn cast Protect and Shell in all my party members, and keep a lot of Elixirs and Phoenix Down on hand. I burned through my entire stock of both for Omega. 

You're right about FFV not being equivalent to the main quest from FFI and FFIV, FFV is extremely easy, especially once you get the Mimic Job, it ruins the entire difficulty of the game. But nothing scares you the most that wandering around the Void, seeing a enemy walking there, go fight him unprepared and puff, OHKO xD At least they gave you a chance to ignore Omega, since he wandered around the map. 

Current PC Build

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Naum said:

So FFXIII have no inns, pretty much no towns, linear as hell, full HP after each battle, no classic victory theme, no random battles, no overworld....wow FF sure have gone casual

Can you name me another "casual" JRPG that plays the same? I guess you're not paying attention to the reviews and previews that have pointed out that this is the hardest FF game to this date right? I guess hardest = casual to you then :) Oh, and about random battles, there are a lot of classic JRPG's that use the same system, Chrono Trigger it's the prime example, I guess that's casual too. 

I agree with your other points, about no inns, no towns and full hp after battle, but come on, FFXIII casual? Far from it, as everyone who already has the game have pointed out. 

What FF4 considered very hard?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:

What FF4 considered very hard?

Yeah, the DS version in particular... though this was alleviated if you used Slow on every single boss