By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiware Demos Ending

I recieved a letter from Nintendo last night reminding me that the wiiware demos  expire on Jan. 31st. The only thing I couldn't figure out was when the wiiware demos end, will the demos we already downloaded be deleted automatically? And will there be more demos to come?

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

Can't see how they can be deleted from your hard drive.

I saw that last night too. I'm disappointed that demos are ending. I was hoping for some new ones.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
I saw that last night too. I'm disappointed that demos are ending. I was hoping for some new ones.

I was too, and I read Japan got some new demos but I couldn't find anything about more for US

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

I didn't even get a chance to download them................they were added to the service after my reliable Internet crashed and burned.

Missed out on great games.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Fiddlesticks............I wanted some new ones too.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

The ability to download them ends... you can still play them if you want. (assuming they put up new demos though, mine will get deleted as there is nothing there to replay... well I might keep BIT.TRIP BEAT demo because even though I have played it less than the others, it has a little replayability.

I think they will be deleted from the Virtual Console library.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Well that's really stupid. I had heard there was an increase in WiiWare downloads because of the service.

I think Nintendo has it in their heads to be as anti PC orientated as possible. Even when it is a good idea and works. Then they don't offer another solution. I think they are scared.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
Well that's really stupid. I had heard there was an increase in WiiWare downloads because of the service.

I think Nintendo has it in their heads to be as anti PC orientated as possible. Even when it is a good idea and works. Then they don't offer another solution. I think they are scared.

Doesn't mean they aren't doing more.

Although what you heard is true (the games with demos had a sales boost) they did seem to impact negatively on other games released in the period that didn't have demos.