By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Getting Sued... Again.

According to Gamespot.com, Microsoft is being sued by a man over their points system for pricing. He claims "point fraud due to incomplete and or partial downloads."  There are also comlaints about people having to buy more points than neccessary and being left with unused points afterwards.

It's an interesting case and I want to know what people think of the points system. Should the system be revamped and improved? Is it fine the way it is? Should Microsoft go to real world pricing?

Around the Network

I actually think they should change it I had 200 points lying around for about a year with nothing to use it on and for example if I wanted an 800 point game i'd have to buy another 1000 cause 500 wouldnt have been enough...

I think their point system is plain stupid. Theres no logical explanation for it besides them trying to fool people.

I get having a $5.00 minimum, much like the PSN, but PSN's system its leaps and bounds better than MS's as far as buying content is concerned.

I'm not saying that the suit is justified..just that I think MS is stupid for designing their system that way.

It's a valid complaint. (however, a lawsuit may be a tad over the top) The points system has always seemed like a way to trick customers to me. But Microsoft certainly isn't the only company to do it.

I'm pretty sure the points system is being ditched soon.

Around the Network

The point system was obviously designed to rip people off, if you can't see that then well grow a brain, but I doubt anyone can win a court battle, hell they got away with over half their consoles being defective

freedom_is_illusion said:
The point system was obviously designed to rip people off, if you can't see that then well grow a brain, but I doubt anyone can win a court battle, hell they got away with over half their consoles being defective

nice

I like having point to be honest. Lets you budget, look for deals, trade games for live point at EB games etc...

Also it keeps you from buying things that you don't want to buy. For example, while I had a PS3 I went in to a PSN store and looked at Fatal Inertia game for download. I wanted to see how much it was. Then by mistake I pushed the confirm button instead of back and bought the game as it charged my credit card for the game.

With points that could obviously happen if you have lots of points but if you keep your balance low and you add pts every time when you buy something, it wont.

The point system is setup that way to keep you buying points.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

this is old news ;p