By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why did Army of Two: 40th Day sell so low its first week?

Why did Army of Two: 40th Day sell so low its first week?

The first game was that b... 62 45.59%

This game got lost amidst the busy Q1 lineup. 28 20.59%

Sequel wasn't released t... 1 0.74%

There was no advertisements for this game 18 13.24%

Sales will pick up. Just ... 13 9.56%

Other (explain) 14 10.29%

Total:136
axumblade said:
Mr Khan said:

Timing, i bet. Didn't the original Army of Two launch around a time when nothing else was launching? It's success story is similar to the original Lost Planet's i think.

Nothing that I would say is "major." It beat out God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PSP, Wii Sports (somehow), MLB2k8 (nothing special) and Bully: Scholarship Edition (basically a remake I think). It was kind of a slow time (March 08). 

You're missing one huge thing from that time period, though. Brawl.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

If I remember correctly, the first one was undertracked by a shitload and had to be corrected after NPD numbers were out. Could be the same thing happening now.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

options:

A. The 1st one was horrendous

B. Shooter over-saturation

C. The game itself got no hype/marketing/promotion

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

dsister44 said:
disolitude said:
dsister44 said:
The co-op craze is dieing?

I dont think so. 4 player coop is alive and kicking. Left 4 dead, borderlands sales are proof of that.

Shitty game coop is prolly dying...

Those are pretty bad examples. I bet you can't name a single co-op game from this decade that has done well... =P

@Axumblade 

Thanks

Damn it, I should have been here earlier! I actually picked up on your little decade-thing right away, and my retaliation would be that the decade isn't out until 2011

Rainbird said:
dsister44 said:
disolitude said:
dsister44 said:
The co-op craze is dieing?

I dont think so. 4 player coop is alive and kicking. Left 4 dead, borderlands sales are proof of that.

Shitty game coop is prolly dying...

Those are pretty bad examples. I bet you can't name a single co-op game from this decade that has done well... =P

@Axumblade 

Thanks

Damn it, I should have been here earlier! I actually picked up on your little decade-thing right away, and my retaliation would be that the decade isn't out until 2011

Shhh! Don't tell anyone

Around the Network

I'd like to rent it to give it a fair shot, but I can't say I'd be rushing out to the stores since I didn't care for the first one.

I think people have had enough bromance to last the rest of this generation. When Nathan Drake and Commander Shepard are getting with the girlies, who wants to play a game where your only partner is a dude?

Seriously though, I think it just got lost in the shuffle. Modern Warfare 2 is still fresh in people's minds, Mass Effect 2 just dropped, and we've got a ton of better games to spend $60 on.

ill tell you why! you have to sign up for ea to play the damn demo! wtf is that shit really! the first AO2 sold because of its demo that had similar gameplay to gears of war (i almost got it because of that reason). now you have million like myself that dont want to have to sign up for ea to play a demo that should be accesible easily...jesus /rant

I'm going with.... "The first game was bad except when it co-op... then the game was mediocre."

Maybe because it *gasp* wasn't a good game.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*