By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Favourite Gaming Moment

Playing through Mario 64 the first time in 1997 and the ending of Halo 2, the music during the credits is incredible!

Around the Network

also the moment at REmake when in the hall the dog jumps right out of the window,a scary and memorable moment

a.l.e.x59 said:
When I owned everyone in Super Smash Bros. Melee. I am the master at that game!

also around my place i am the best at the game

In MGS2, when Liquid/Ocelot appears in a Metal Gear Ray with Solid, Solidus and others on a platform. He screams "BROOOOTHEEEERRSSS!!!" that scream made me cry of joy, I couldn't believe what I was watching, then at the end of the scene Liquid controls the Metal Gear Ray to jump off the platform, and Solid is running after him and jumps behind the Metal Gear all in slow motion. My jaw was on the floor, that is one of the greatest scenes in videogames ever, it was full of emotion and recklessness.

All Metal Gear Solid is a great moment in videogame, I loved the plot twist when you find out you have the FOXDIE and that your own general and all of the team betrayed you, just when you are in the middle of the enemy zone. Then at the end I loved when Liquid appears driving a jeep screaming "SNAAAAAAKE, IT'S NOT OVER YET!!" while you're escaping Shadow Moses.

lightbleeder said:
In MGS2, when Liquid/Ocelot appears in a Metal Gear Ray with Solid, Solidus and others on a platform. He screams "BROOOOTHEEEERRSSS!!!" that scream made me cry of joy, I couldn't believe what I was watching, then at the end of the scene Liquid controls the Metal Gear Ray to jump off the platform, and Solid is running after him and jumps behind the Metal Gear all in slow motion. My jaw was on the floor, that is one of the greatest scenes in videogames ever, it was full of emotion and recklessness.

All Metal Gear Solid is a great moment in videogame, I loved the plot twist when you find out you have the FOXDIE and that your own general and all of the team betrayed you, just when you are in the middle of the enemy zone. Then at the end I loved when Liquid appears driving a jeep screaming "SNAAAAAAKE, IT'S NOT OVER YET!!" while you're escaping Shadow Moses.

yeah how could i forget about that it was awesome,also then ending in mgs3 was awesome

Around the Network

Yeah at the end of MGS3 I could LITERALLY FEEL ALL THE ANGER Big Boss had. I wanted to create an Outer Heaven hahaha.

Also, the fight with The End is one of the most intense battles ever for me, I believe I only had the sound projector thingie, and I lasted about 2 hours trying to kill the old bastard, It sure was an original boss battle, and it was very intense because I was always scared he would shoot me to death.

I don't really have a single favorite moment.

Playing the original Commander Keen for the PC was definitely a highlight from back in the day.  After that, I eagerly awaited every Commander Keen game...

Playing Wolftenstein3d with a friend on the computer.  We were both so bad at the game that we took turns at the very end.  One of us would control the character and do the fighting while the other would repeatedly do the full health cheat code to keep the other from dying.  Looking back it seems really lame, but it was so much fun for us at the time that it doesn't matter.

ilovetogame said:
and finally i'm gonna have to go with two thing in tetris on the NES. one was when i got 175 lines, which was not amazing in its own right cuz my best score is 191 which i've gotten twice, but i got 32 tetri that game which was 14 more than ever before and when my previous best score had been 199 thousand i ended up with 363,155 points. i still hope to one day break 200 lines. the other tetris memory was in college we had a couple bands (Long Since Forgotten and Fire When Ready) play at my house and after the show one of the bands was playing tetris on my NES and they couldn't even get to 100 lines. so i decided to show off and played one game, i destroyed my previous best by like 15 lines and got 169. the guys in the band were going crazy. they were like shouting when i made some sick moves. they were so amazed that they starting filming me after i was had finished on the same tape that they had recorded their show on and they were saying i was a tetris god. nothing like being popular cuz of a single great game of tetris.

Woohoo, Tetris references from both ilovetogame AND Rubang!  See, Tetris (on the NES) is my favorite game of all time, and one which I've spent umpteen hundreds of hours playing. Earlier this year, I beat my high score on A-type and achieved the goal I had been pursuing for about five years: breaking 700,000.

I've been playing this game since about 1992, so you're looking at the culmination of fifteen years of effort there. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a bit emotional afterwards; it was amazing to finally achieve my goal after so much time and effort. According to Twin Galaxies, this is the second-highest score ever recorded on NES Tetris, and I doubt I'll ever be able to better it. Too bad I didn't capture it on video!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

oh man SOOOO many throughout the years... let's see.

Chrono Trigger, unlocking all those friggin sweet Double/tripple techs, and watching the opening cutcene (the one you get if you don't press buttons OR press L + R). Gave me the shivers :3

Ocarina of Time, waking up as an Adult!!!! (the single greatest moment for me in zelda history) then running around fighting like a man :P Then getting the Big-goron sword (mmmmm) with the Red tunic and Mirror shield (yeah pimpin out mah link) good times :D

The Shredder in Turok 2, with the explosive shells of course :D, just watching it obliterate a hallway full of enemy's is classic awesomeness.

Almost ALL the cutscenes from Final Fantasy 7,8,9. Everytime that screen cut out and the CG started rolling... mmmmmmmmmmmmm I got all kinds of excited :D, sometimes even making a different save file after so that I could see it again numerous times :P OH and the first time I used bahamut Zero and Omnislash in FF7.

Devil May Cry, just the overall combat in that game was un-paralleled for its time, it was the fastest 3rd person game I'd ever played, and it had such a fancy, over the top combat style to it, just remarkable! Then that cutscene where you get the Sparta Sword (delicious!)

Xenosaga, Watching KOS-MOS blow the crap out of everything and everyone :3 The combat moves looked SO AWESOME in that game, and the cut-scenes were incredible, man I miss it :(

Pray, Ok if you played this game and didn't just get that "wtf am I on acid?" feeling then I don't know what will :D 

GOD OF WAR!!!! Oh man I LOATHED this game from its reviews, it got such good reviews and I despised it! Taking points away from my beloved Devil may cry! How dare you?! Then my friend bought it and put it in the ps2, told me to come watch and I did >:) boy was I going to rip this game a new one!!!! Little did I know, that god of war was about to kick my ass. The CG was top notch, the gameplay was butter smooth, and after creaming myself to Kratos harpooning a ships mast through a hydra's head I bowed down to awesomeness. God of war 1 and 2 literally had me on the edge of my seat going OMFG THIS IS SO FCKING AWESOME, I had to pause the game so many times mid-animation to catch myself from jittering too much and missing the rest. I LOVE god of war XD

more recently~

Heavenly sword cutscenes! (drool)

Uncharted environments and animations (wipes drool off pants)

Warhawks and Resistance (Man some of your weapons just feel SO POWERFULL)

Sorry for the lengthy, sloppy, and poorly worded post I left ya'll above :P But gaming just brings tears to my eyes sometimes ;-;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.