By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Favourite Gaming Moment

FF VII "Death of Aeris"

FF VI "The opera scene"

playing Donkey Kong Country for the first time (that was a pretty amazing looking game back in the day; {sheds a tear for the glory days when rare made good games})

Playing Mortal Combat II with a friend at college. I kept beating him, and he vowed that he would not give up until he won a match. About three hours into he he gave up. It was hilarious.

Playing Super Mario Bros. (NES) for the first time.

Worms Armegeddon tournaments at college. Cheers to the Holy Hand Grenade!

Just to name a few. Sorry was to difficult to name one.

Around the Network

Hm... if we're doing Final Fantasy...

FFIV: Tellah's death avenging his daughter. Yang's sacrifice to save the dwarves. Cid's sacrifice to seal the underworld. Edge's battle with his possessed parents, and his rage bringing out his powers vs. Rubicant. I could go on, and on, and on, but suffice to say that FFIV is the best story-driven RPG that Square has produced.

FFV: Many moments, but just to name a few: Galuf rescuing you from prison in the dark world and escaping across the Big Bridge. Galuf's sacrifice to save his granddaughter in Mua Forest. And any of the several showdowns with Exdeath.

While I'm at it... Chrono Trigger: The whole game. :)

"It was me" - Baten Kaitos (Line only works if you're a RPG fan, but so far has been my favourite holy shit moment in any RPG. It also may have been "I did it". Just what it referred to)

Beating Donkey Kong Country before the release date (For some reason, my Rogers Video had advance copies. 67%! and I was like 10).

Actually, there are far too many. I remember skipping school to play FF6, beating super mario brothers at age 5, beating the crap out of a 19 year old while his friend laughed his ass off at Virtua Fighter in the Arcades. It's why I'm a gamer, because of all the damn awesome and fond memories from them.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

The single most exhilarating moment in any game I've ever played has to be the first horseback battle in Twilight Princess.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

I can't believe no one has mentioned beating Mike Tyson in Punch Out!

*Shakes head*

Around the Network
Non Sequor said:
The single most exhilarating moment in any game I've ever played has to be the first horseback battle in Twilight Princess.

Argh, I hated those.  Hated the carriage chase, too.

MontanaHatchet said:
I can't believe no one has mentioned beating Mike Tyson in Punch Out!

*Shakes head*

That's definitely top 10 for me.  I've been thinking about this thread all day and can't pick a #1 though...  I'll be back later.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

four player goldeneye, when it first came out when my friends and I were 8, and still having the same fun in college

Two of the most memorable for me were electrocuting Draygon in Super Metroid, and the surprise twist at the end of the game. Both events will forever be burned into my memory.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

For me it would be Mario 64. I spent 45 mins just running around the front of the castle, floating in the water, jumping from tree to tree. testing all his moves. prob my fav game of all time!! next would be RE4 great game!!