By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I'm scanning the Sunday ads ...

And I notice in the Best Buy circular, there's nearly half a page dedicated to the 360. The Wii has some games shown, and the PS3 had just two games - and no systems shown. I checked the Circuit City ad and the 360 has nearly half a page, and the PS3 is sharing a small space with two other systems - a DS and another. And there was a 360 ad on the cover of the Compusa ad, but nothing about the PS3 anywhere in the ad.

The Sunday ads are telling - there's tons of stuff about COD4, SMG and the like ... but PS3 ads are slim to none ...

My question is - what is the world is going on with retailers and the 40gb PS3? Are they just sold out of them - even though my local Gamestop said they had them, 60gbs and 80gbs?

Discuss ...

Around the Network

Today I got the X-mas catalog from "BR Leksaker", one of the biggest (maybe even the biggest) toy chains in Scandinavia.

Wii: 1 page
PC: 1 page
PS2: 2 pages
GBA: 1 page
NDS: 1 page

No PS3/PSP

In the U.S., the cost for an ad is often shared by the retailer and the manufacturer. And in general, there a cycle on which console has a bigger section of that week's ad than others. It often goes hand in hand with new game releases or price drops.

In the end, ads don't equal sales. I've seen most of the big Black Friday adsin the U.S. -- there will be a lot of upcoming promotions for both the 360 and the PS3. (Why not the Wii? Still a sell out at most stores. I was at Target this morning where they had 57 and they were all spoken for by the time the store opened.)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

All I know is that Target here had Wii in the ad, and got 57 in today. There were 20 some odd people outside, and we made $10,000 in a half hour. All Wii stuff.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

I was looking walmart has a page for Wii/ds (games for wii/ds were together on 2 pages but the back page had Wii alone for some reason)PS3 PS2 and PSP garnered half a page and 360 got about half a page but shared a bit with PC.

Target was much the same by me as was Toys R us.

Bestbuy tends to be a techie sort of place so PS3 PS2 and PSP were a page again Wii and 360 shared a page by me DS leaked onto another. Circuit city was a bit more wii and a bit less sony.

Toys R us had 2 pages for wii/ds and 1 page again for PSP and 360 with little mention of PS2 and PS2.

All in all the advertisment space for all three seems pretty split.

Around the Network

I just looked at circuit city's ads and someone made some really stupid decisions in there.

There's absolutely nothing about the wii from what I saw. 360/DS games had 1 page, and the ps3, ds, 360 system shared 1 page. They didn't even advertise mario galaxy coming out which will be the biggest seller of the week.

No wonder circuit city's sales are plumetting.

Ads vary from week to week. Last weeks BB and CC ads had the 40gb ps3, R&C, and SM3 on Blu-Ray all on the front page.

my CC ad had 2 pages of PS3 lol and 1/2 for Mario Galaxy and Wii. That was all the video games then the last half was Blu-ray movies.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I was gonna say, I hope the 40GB aren't sold out yet :p I have a few purchases to make for the family along with a couple Eye Toys so we can "call" each other up easily and my parents and older brother can finally get into the HD era.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php