By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - People who say "I could care less"...

People who say "I could care less"...

Are morons 42 61.76%

Hey! I say that! (I am a moron) 7 10.29%

Could care less what I think 18 26.47%

Are sorry and will never do it again 1 1.47%

Total:68

It bothers me but anytime you correct anyone on it (even a friendly correction) results in them getting pissy and continuing to use it just to spite you. I guess people don't like the fact they're morons being pointed out to them even though their stubborness usually results in them continue to be idiots knowing full well they are an idiot.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Yep, bugs me too, its just incorrect!

so does

"its very fun"

dont know why.... it just doesnt sound right... probably incorrect use of English if I could be bothered to look it up.

try "great fun" or " a lot of fun" but stop saying "very fun"

I don't really know which one is correct but things like that dont' really bother me too much.  Things like I could care less bother me because it conveys the complete opposite point you're trying to make.

I can say it's very fun or it's great fun and one may or may not gramatically make sense but they both get the same point across.

I never knew anyone shared this pet peeve of mine. I absolutely hate it when people say that... along with "irregardless", which makes absolutely no fucking sense.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Luckily I've never heard anyone use "irregardless"... What I hate is when people write stuff like "could of been better".

Literally, I couldn't not care less about this thread.....Literally

No Sig For Now....

Around the Network

Oh and try saying "irregardless" with an accent....much better huh?

No Sig For Now....

I forgot that one in the "annoying grammar" thread.

"Could of" is almost as bad.

But I hate text speak most of all. And complete lack of punctuation.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I kind of forgot how much that bothers me. I remember thinking the same thing a while ago.

d21lewis said:
This thread amuses me! I actually use the term, though. I also have a friend who says, "I could give a fuck, less!" It always makes me laugh when he says it.

Inmate: Hey, I've been here for three days. Can you call my mama and tell her to bring me some magazines?

Friend: You what!? Some magazines!? I could give a fuck less how long you been here! Press that button (intercom) again and I'mma come back there and tighten yo' ass up!!

Me: Bwa haaa! haa!

That makes even lesss sense but I'm not sure of the correct way to express that he couldn't give less of a fuck. Oh wait, that was it!

I hate it. Even more than Marmite!