By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD 4 how do you like it so far?

Saintelistan86 said:
Just wondering...

Why would you expect to be able to issue squad commands in campaign when you're not of proper rank to do so?

I'll respond to your question with another question: What's the point of a squad based game where your role is incidental at best? I'm aware that's how it usually is in Call of Duty but I couldn't get over the feeling of how stupid it was being forced to chug along as basically a side character with no control over the actions of the squad. Yeah, it made sense back when Squad Commands simply weren't possible, but now it just feels dumb, and it certainly wouldn't have been hard for the developers to give you higher rank. 

Around the Network

I never had problems with friendly fire unless it was my fault because I didn't ID them as a friendly fast enough and my ringer went down on the button. Sometimes they'd walk into my line of fire or what I'm about to hit, but it wasn't that bothersome.

I don't mind not having a squad system, command system, ect because COD4 does pretty well on the scripted sequences (though I disliked the Pvt. West thing in 'The Bog'). Yes, it feels like you're being pushed along, but for scripted scenes in a FPS, they're pretty well done.

However, getting orders barked at you like you're the only guy there is a problem.  

Well, first of all COD4 is a huge improvement on COD3, seeing as cod3 was a huge step back in the franchise. Not only did it not look as good, but it did not play like a cod game, for obvious reasons (ie different dev) I love this game to death, I just got it a couple days ago, although I am only at rank 22, I play this game every time I get a chance, its awesome. PGR4 is still getting in the way somewhat from this being my main thing, but this will change soon once I finish the arcade mode, which is almost done. If you have a 360, you must buy this game. There is just so much to do and achieve in the MP to keep you occupied, the xp adds a huge part to it, and tons of stuff to unlock. 9/10 from me.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Sqrl said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Sqrl said:
If you think the hardest setting is easy you likely haven't gotten to the sniper missions =P The end of that escape mission is ridiculous.

Was quite easy for me,

The TV station was absolutley insane. It took me literally an hour to 2 hours to get by that part, every danm time i would almost kill them all, id get shot somehow and die. The TV station is the hardest part IMO

I went through the TV station no problems =P

Seriously though, are you playing on veteran?  Because the end of that sniper mission on veteran mode is easily the mission I have heard the most gripes about as far as difficulty. 

I am, and again for some reason that danm TV station was rediculas, when naz talks about grenades, hes right. I go into a room on the tv station, and i get at least 5 grenades thrown at me, all around so i cant run, and if i run out of room i get shot to pieces. I couuldnt take cover, they just threw more.

For some reason, i think i got lucky first try on Snipe mission end, really was alright, I never truely ran into any guys while caring the guy, and sniping the guys at the end was easy for some odd reason. Must of got lucky

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Naz we are complete opposites, is there one game you love that i do? (besides nintendo games)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

A better single player campaign than Halo 3 and the first game that might actually look better than Gears. Haven't played the multiplayer and probably won't much cause of other games to play. Some parts of the game were absolutely genius, like the opening credits sequence, the sniper mission and the ending was extremely satisfying and well done. My favorite COD so far and I loved COD 2. Will replay once I have no new games to play (probably January at this rate).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
A better single player campaign than Halo 3 and the first game that might actually look better than Gears. Haven't played the multiplayer and probably won't much cause of other games to play. Some parts of the game were absolutely genius, like the opening credits sequence, the sniper mission and the ending was extremely satisfying and well done. My favorite COD so far and I loved COD 2. Will replay once I have no new games to play (probably January at this rate).
Welcome back ckmlb!

My god i'm obsessed with this game, I've played it for 4 hours tonight, get home from work and play...

It's just so satisfying... I'm sure i'll play through the campaign multiple times - I haven't felt this way about a game for a long time. I'm not even sure that Galaxy will be able to beat it!

It's amazing so far.

It's easily got the best graphics I've seen on a console game to date.

Only critisisms: 1. At some points it feels like an old Call of Duty game (gunning down waves of men from extreme distances with a bad scope) 2. You can't shoot your own team mates.

"Friendly fire will not be tolerated" screw that!! I'll shoot whoever I damn want!!