By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD 4 how do you like it so far?

well got it yesterday, singleplayer looks nice, but i annoy me on those "teammates".

Furthermore the hardest setting still is kinda easy.

multiplier, levels don't like them, the one is funny of nice distracting things^^, another one feels again very empty.

well i could continu for ages, but i lost feeling for this game already in one night.

so i went on too play CoD 2 ( imo the best CoD ), and will wait for assasins creed who will come out on the 15th.

what do you think?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I really like it, single player was a one of the kind experience for me.
Mult isnt as fun as halo but its alright, single player on COD is better then halo mostly IMO

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I like it a lot... The single player campaign picks up at mission 3 where you are you are converging on a TV station. About mi way through that mission you get cornered in a lley that picks up the pace and then you move on to the TV station which is fairly difficult.

It is esstentially CoD2 graphically improved, AI improved, and set in modern times. Unlike CoD2 I haven;t had any issues making the timeframes required on some missions. And the sniper level is not as difficult. But, non the less it is an improvement on CoD2...

Some of the story elements are kind of misguided... For example, you surround the TV station, then you have to go in to extract the bad guy... In reality I they would probably just call an air strike knowing the danger level inside. Then, you go to some remote locations and are going after bad guys... Again, I think they would have just called for air strikes. I think the story is good but weak in reality... Normally, you would not send troops directly unless you wanted to avoid civilian casualties (Or at least I assume that) or to mop up after air strikes.

Deserving of 9's out of 10... Not deserving of GOTY because it is only an incrmental improvement on CoD2/3

Its most likely they didnt want to harm civilians. Also the guy might have been carrying something important, remember they wanted him alive?
Story wasnt all that great, but i loved the end action part.
Really was pretty danm good im impressed, most likely not GOTY, but one of the years best thats for sure.

All i know, is its christmas for me, still playing COD 4, and Assassins comes out in 2 days, then mass effect 8 after that.
CANT WWWWWWWWWWWWAIT

THen christmas getting the wii that i cant touch (finally!) and grabbing every single game O.O

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

I've really enjoyed playing it, it's a really intense experience, although I'm half way through (on "all ghillied up") i've loved every minute, and it does have a good compelling story, and I just want to play more and more of it. What it does really well is make you feel as though you are about to die constantly, although death does not occur too often and the checkpoint system is very good. The presentation is exceptional, and I thought that the AC-130 level was brilliant, because you could relax after the heavy fighting that you had run into on the ground.
I haven't yet got to the multiplayer, but the experince so far has been great

add me

Around the Network

hardest setting is still easy for you?
Regular setting for me and I'm loving it.

If you think the hardest setting is easy you likely haven't gotten to the sniper missions =P The end of that escape mission is ridiculous.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@sqrl, i just did that, about 5th time lucky, dam hard, the hardest part except for the TV station raid, you were just attacked from every side constantly

add me

The online is the best part, level 40 right now, too many noobs online for me. I have only once had more deaths then kills, even being stuck with noobs on my team i still rack up the kills.

Sqrl said:
If you think the hardest setting is easy you likely haven't gotten to the sniper missions =P The end of that escape mission is ridiculous.

Was quite easy for me,

The TV station was absolutley insane. It took me literally an hour to 2 hours to get by that part, every danm time i would almost kill them all, id get shot somehow and die. The TV station is the hardest part IMO