By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - IGN: Best Movies of 2000 - 2009

O-D-C said:
Boutros said:
O-D-C said:
The Departed wasent number 1???!!!!????

Thank god.

oh no you didna!

Not a bad movie but not really fun to watch either. I thought it was boring (except the end lol).

Around the Network

I do think Pirates 3 should be on the 2007 list. People can bitch all they want about how long and drawn out it was, but I think it had the best climax and build up out of all three movies. The plot was confusing the first time I saw it, but it was still awesome nonetheless.

personal top 5 of 2007

1. No Country For Old Men (if you don't like it because it's "boring", then I will message you telling how much of an idiot you are)
2. There Will Be Blood
3. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
4. Michael Clayton
5. Juno

Ratatouille and Bourne Ultimatum were both good, but Ratatouille's plot was slightly unoriginal and Bourne Ultimatum mediocre quality wise. The book was better.

RockSmith372 said:
personal top 5 of 2007

1. No Country For Old Men (if you don't like it because it's "boring", then I will message you telling how much of an idiot you are)
2. There Will Be Blood
4. Michael Clayton
5. Juno

Ratatouille and Bourne Ultimatum were both good, but Ratatouille's plot was slightly unoriginal and Bourne Ultimatum mediocre quality wise. The book was better.

No Country for Old Men was not boring. I liked it.

But one wouldn't be idiot because he thought the movie was boring.

Boutros said:
RockSmith372 said:
personal top 5 of 2007

2. There Will Be Blood
4. Michael Clayton
5. Juno

No Country for Old Men was not boring. I liked it.

But one wouldn't be idiot because he thought the movie was boring.

I said that if you didn't like the movie because it's "boring". Alot of people I know thought it was boring but loved it because of the message behind the movie.

Around the Network

The ending of No Country for Old Men was one of the most unsatisfying endings I've ever seen, but hey, that just goes with the Coen Brothers* (Gives Burn After Reading the stare of death). Loved everything else though.

And I'm happy they gave The Prestige the nod in 2006, it was a wonderful movie. ^_^

*Well that's not true, I did quite enjoy Fargo's ending.

EDIT: Oh, and The Departed was pretty good... I just found it to be a rough watch. But I think that's more of his style and my preferences than anything. It was very well done. And yes, the ending was very "What the... Did... did he just do that? Oh... he did. That'll work!"

Smeags said:

The ending of No Country for Old Men was one of the most unsatisfying endings I've ever seen, but hey, that just goes with the Coen Brothers* (Gives Burn After Reading the stare of death). Loved everything else though.

And I'm happy they gave The Prestige the nod in 2006, it was a wonderful movie. ^_^

*Well that's not true, I did quite enjoy Fargo's ending.

EDIT: Oh, and The Departed was pretty good... I just found it to be a rough watch. But I think that's more of his style and my preferences than anything. It was very well done. And yes, the ending was very "What the... Did... did he just do that? Oh... he did. That'll work!"

did you watch the original Asian version, Infernal Affair?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:

I-I haven't! In fact, I just watched The Departed last month... so I was late to that party as well! (I watched it so that I could prepare myself to seeing Leo as the lead in Inception... )

Smeags said:
saicho said:

I-I haven't! In fact, I just watched The Departed last month... so I was late to that party as well! (I watched it so that I could prepare myself to seeing Leo as the lead in Inception... )

You should check it out when you have time. It's more intense! (it could also be I watched Infernal Affair first so that it's more intense for me)

Leo and Scorses has a nother movie, Shutter Island, out in a few week. It looks promising.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:

You should check it out when you have time. It's more intense! (it could also be I watched Infernal Affair first so that it's more intense for me)

Leo and Scorses has a nother movie, Shutter Island, out in a few week. It looks promising.

I will definitely check it out! Thanks Saicho!

And yes, Shutter Island looks very promising. Definitely looking forward to seeing it. ^_^