By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - mag less then impressive review

NowGamer: MAG Review

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of 256 a statistic

Before continuing with this review, we should make one important point absolutely clear – your experience with MAG might be better than ours. You might join a tightly organised, well-oiled machine of a clan where everyone knows their place in the ranks and fulfils their role dutifully. Rank and file soldiers look out for each other and trust in the judgement of their squad leaders and platoon leaders, while commanders orchestrate battle plans with the shrewdness and authority of history’s finest generals. And you might find a similarly well-trained clan to fight against, and you might find that the battles you have are tense tactical struggles where each man’s skill in battle is as important as the strategic thinking of the officers in the field. 

You might. But realistically, the chances of as many as 256, or 128, or even 64 people coming together online who are that like-minded and that well matched are very, very slim. It will happen, because where online gaming communities have a will, they’ll always find a way. But the level of organisation, dedication and co-operation required to arrange the kind of match that MAG has ultimately been designed for will ensure that only the most dedicated, hardcore players will ever experience one. And if you’re really that into the idea of MAG’s large-scale military confrontations then you’re not reading this review, you’re playing it already......

6.8/10

website http://www.nowgamer.com/reviews/ps3/8990/mag-massive-action-game

Around the Network

Kind of a dumb reason to mark it down IMO. Or is it? I'm kind of torn now, it's not the devs fault if people can't do it, but if you never get to experience it like it's meant to, does it matter? I'm almost wanting to try it now. Underdogs FTW!

Ouch............well, I am sure other reviews will average it out. Ultimately it is a very very interesting concept and we will have to wait and see if it's full potential ever gets realized.

Seeing as how this is a review for a BETA!!1! I wouldn't let it get you down to much. These same people also gave Halo 3 ODST a 6.3

A thread for a low review? Really?

By the way this was already posted in another thread, along with (3) 8/10 reviews.

Also as pointed out in the other thread, these reviews come from one of two scenarios.

#1.) Beta

#2.) The Media vs. Zipper thing they had going on that consisted of only 4 matches.

Remember, the servers for this game don't go up until tonight or early tomorrow, so take that into consideration when determining how much worth these early reviews have.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Seeing as how this is a review for a BETA!!1! I wouldn't let it get you down to much. These same people also gave Halo 3 ODST a 6.3

When I saw the link I thought "who is now gamer?" and after reading this I think I'll wait for more reviews.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Ouch but that seems unfair since the community is still learning how to play.

gurglesletch said:
Ouch but that seems unfair since the community is still learning how to play.

Either way you have to take this review with a grain of salt.

#1.) If it is a review based on a beta that alone is bullshit.

#2.) If it is a review based on the retail release than none of the community was playing considering the servers aren't even up, which shoots down their claim.

This is why Sony put an embargo for reviews to not be done until after people are playing the game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@dsister wow thats a good sign i guess there's always two sides to a coin, good thing i thought it would turn out to be a flop. i think i will wait for a more reliable source.

8.8 is great. The community will adapt and this could mean a whole new era online. As long as everyone doesn't want to play general or sniper it could be amazing. The big test will be on the servers Tuesday night. If it's laggy Sony need to fix it and fast. MS will have to react and we're off.

Ooopps that's a six, never mind... I am not a stealth troll I just need to clean my glasses.