By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Top 10 Reasons why the XBOX 360 is Very Successful

slowmo said:
BladeOfGod said:
nightsurge said:
MikeB said:
Haste262 said:
Din know it was very successful :/. Whats the wii then?

Like the Gameboy despite the low specs I think it's an outstanding success for Nintendo. If I had kids I would most likely also have bought them a Wii.

But I don't think a PS2.5 would have fitted Sony's long term perspective aims as a consumer electronics company (nor would have been in my personal interest). So personally I am happy there's both the Wii (&PS2) and PS3 available on the market at this point. There isn't much overlap in terms of strongpoints, although I do hope Nintendo will soon come out with a new more capable and Wii compatible console.

Can you fit any more stealth trolling of the Wii in that post, MikeB?

Hello nightsurge.

Why do you hate MikeB so much? Would you be happy if he was banned/dead ?

Why do you care?   MikeB is always stealth trolling anything other than the PS3.

show me one example of him trolling in this thread

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
slowmo said:
BladeOfGod said:
nightsurge said:
MikeB said:
Haste262 said:

Like the Gameboy despite the low specs I think it's an outstanding success for Nintendo. If I had kids I would most likely also have bought them a Wii.

But I don't think a PS2.5 would have fitted Sony's long term perspective aims as a consumer electronics company (nor would have been in my personal interest). So personally I am happy there's both the Wii (&PS2) and PS3 available on the market at this point. There isn't much overlap in terms of strongpoints, although I do hope Nintendo will soon come out with a new more capable and Wii compatible console.

Hello nightsurge.

Why do you care?   MikeB is always stealth trolling anything other than the PS3.

He quite clearly implies the Wii is a Gamecube 1.5 by his PS2.5 statement, if you don't see his trolling then I suggest you actually read what he writes rather than praying at the I love Mikeb temple.  Nightsurge actually quoted him saying that too to start with but I can only assume you think its fine to troll the Wii.

Just because he is subtle with his trolling doesn't hide the fact it is trolling.  It is fine to say the Wii isn't as powerful as you would like but using statements such as he did is deliberately trying to annoy a faction of users.  It wasn't required but as usual he worded it in such a way he cannot be caught out. 

Finally I suggest you check out the first post MikeB made in this thread if you want further evidence.

slowmo said:
BladeOfGod said:
slowmo said:
BladeOfGod said:
nightsurge said:
MikeB said:
Haste262 said:

Hello nightsurge.

He quite clearly implies the Wii is a Gamecube 1.5 by his PS2.5 statement, if you don't see his trolling then I suggest you actually read what he writes rather than praying at the I love Mikeb temple.  Nightsurge actually quoted him saying that too to start with but I can only assume you think its fine to troll the Wii.

Just because he is subtle with his trolling doesn't hide the fact it is trolling.  It is fine to say the Wii isn't as powerful as you would like but using statements such as he did is deliberately trying to annoy a faction of users.  It wasn't required but as usual he worded it in such a way he cannot be caught out. 

Finally I suggest you check out the first post MikeB made in this thread if you want further evidence.

Also how he implies Wii is just for kids by this quote:

"If I had kids I would most likely also have bought them a Wii."

And then he basically says the Wii is just competing with or is the same as the PS2:

"So personally I am happy there's both the Wii (&PS2) and PS3 available on the market at this point."

Andysw said:
They still would've been successful anyway if they didn't cut and run the original xbox and rush the xbox 360.

What are you talking about? The original XBOX was a huge financial failure. It lost over 4 billion dollars in just 4 years. 

Human contact, the final frontier.

the_lonely_gamer_123 said:
Andysw said:
They still would've been successful anyway if they didn't cut and run the original xbox and rush the xbox 360.

What are you talking about? The original XBOX was a huge financial failure. It lost over 4 billion dollars in just 4 years. 

Actually the $4b was for an entire MS Division not just for XBox. I believe the division also included their websites like MSN and online services like hotmail, as well as PC games, PDA devices like Zune and computer hardware. Magazines incorrectly used the $4b as Xbox losses to sensationalize their articles. Check SEC filings or look at old ms financial releases.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
MikeB said:
@ nightsurge

The PS1 only missed one holiday season outside of Japan, but unlike the PS3 it was already a low spec gaming console to begin with. The 360 for example had 2 extra holiday season in PAL regions and a bigger headstart in various other regions.

I think it's won't be strange if the PS3 stays ahead of PS1 tracking by the end of 2010 as well.

What?  The PS1 missed a holiday season for the entire world outside of Japan.  The PS3 missed one holiday season in Europe alone.  The 360 has nothing to do with PS1/PS3 comparisons, so that's a bad example.  It's like no matter what you write, it has to revolve around your PS3 is better than all mentality.  Try to be unbiased Mike.

And no, the PS3 will not sell 20 million consoles this year to keep up with the PS1 even by your very misleading argument.

I see he didn't reply to that lol.

I love the cards mike is playing, he plays it like PS3 had to overcome the hole world and all the odds were against it and then Sony made a HUGE comeback and is in First place.

While Xbox 360 had everything going for it, MS bough exclusives and how the hole world loved Xbox 360 including Japan and how PS3 over came all the odds and beat Xbox 360 in sales.

marc said:
Andysw said:

Actually the $4b was for an entire MS Division not just for XBox. I believe the division also included their websites like MSN and online services like hotmail, as well as PC games, PDA devices like Zune and computer hardware. Magazines incorrectly used the $4b as Xbox losses to sensationalize their articles. Check SEC filings or look at old ms financial releases.

UR RIGHT. Still it was a financial failure.

Human contact, the final frontier.

marc said:
Andysw said:

UR RIGHT. Still it was a financial failure.

i dont think he is, i thought that the gaming division was only put in there when the 360 came out, so i dunno they could hide it better? just as a guess. But  i do know it was joined, there was a time where you could tell the losses. And they were certainly substantial

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752