By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BenKenobi88 said:
Ah who cares. Like it really makes a difference.

I agree it doesn't matter to gamers because the game looks great.

But didn't they claim to develope the two builds seperately?  If so why is the PS3 version adhering to resolution restriction caused by 360 hardware?  That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  More than that its pretty lame that these guys are claiming 1080p when the game is running at something less than that.  Its false advertisement.

So while obviously it doesn't impact the look of the game to know that the numbers are different I still think its a bit disturbing that folks are so willing to dismiss these things.  I would like to know if a company is lying to its customers or not.

PS - The CoD4 engine is a very well done.  I get pretty awesome framerates (100+) with everything maxed out. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

So can we rewrite their statements as "it's not hard to port a game from the 360 to the PS3"?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

probably

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

that sucks for all u cod players. personally i knew better than to waste my money on that crap

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

erikguy said:
that sucks for all u cod players. personally i knew better than to waste my money on that crap

I really hope that sarcasm. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Well thats wierd.. I guess I was wrong, but that video showed cod4 being played at 1080p..

mM
leo-j said:
Well thats wierd.. I guess I was wrong, but that video showed cod4 being played at 1080p..

I saw the same video, thats because he was using the option to upscale the game and tuned off the option for 1:1 pixel and the 720p/1080i option to force it to run at 1080p.  The game does look good but it does not push the power of either system. 

RFoM at the PS3 launch had 720p at 30FS, CoD4 has 600p at 60 FPS.  RFoM2 is going to run at 60 FPS and i hope atleast 720p/1081i.  Killzone2 is running at 720p with 30 FPs, Halo3 is running at 640p or something and i'm not sure of the framerate.

Too bad, I can easily understand why the XBox 360 version is 600p (too limited amount of EDRAM, bottlenecked shared bus design) but I would have hoped they aimed at least for rendering in a HD resolution on the PS3. More respect for Berthesa for making Oblivion on the PS3 720p and making it overall run better than the XBox 360 original, I was a little bit critical of them as they didn't use more SPE power to make the game run truly at a solid framerate on the PS3 (apparently the middleware they are using is advancing nicely, did they improve the GOTY edition at all?), but I'm still enjoying the improved version and I'm currently at level 30 with maximum strength and intelligence.

COD4 on the PS3, 600p instead of 720, 5.1 audio instead of 7.1, less than 5 hours single player campaign. IMO this game (like many games nowadays) is a bit overrated by just looking at the specs, there seems to be lots of room for improvement. 60 FPS is good though, but R&C: TOD seems technically more impressive. The game looks really sweet over here!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

R&C

is 720p/1080i 60fps

halo 3 was 720p/1080i 30fps

killzone 2 will run the same as halo 3

Haze I think runs at 60fps at 720p(correct me if Im wrong).

mM
MikeB said:
COD4 on the PS3, 600p instead of 720, 5.1 audio instead of 7.1, less than 5 hours single player campaign. IMO this game (like many games nowadays) is a bit overrated by just looking at the specs, there seems to be lots of room for improvement. 60 FPS is good though, but R&C: TOD seems technically more impressive. The game looks really sweet over here!

Thankfully most people care about how the game plays and not nearly worthless technical issues.

Online makes up for short campaign.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"