By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Pikmin 3 to come out in 1st half of 2010*(My Opinion)

IGN: You didn't show Pikmin 3, which is what we were expecting you to show. That kind of surprised us. Why not?

Reggie: Matt, we're all about surprises. We will show that game when it's ready. At the right time. Close to when it's going to be launched. It's not there yet. But Mr. Miyamoto still has his roundtable to do, so maybe you'll see. Maybe you might get that surprise after all.

Reggie makes it seem like they could have announced the game at E3 2009 but didn't for they could surprise us later. Also look at the line up for 2010:

Endless Ocean Blue World in February

Sin And Punishment 2 in March/April/May

Zelda Wii(2) in Late 2010

Metroid Other M seems to be for Summer 2010 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pointing at a September/October date.

I dont think Nintendo would leave it up to E.O and S.A.P.2 for the Wii in the 1st half of the year while Sony and Microsoft(Sony for sure!) have big line ups in the 1st half of 2010.

So I think Nintendo will announce Pikmin 3 about 1-3 months before it comes out and they will also announce Poke Park Wii in Others and America for the 1st half of 2010.

Nintendo has done this before such as with:

Punch out was announced in October 2008 and came out in May 2009.(Surprise!)

Poke Park Wii(Japan) P.P.W was announced in October 2009 and came out in December 2009 not even 2 months later.

Pikmin 3 and Poke Park Wii will be used to fill in the gaps for the Wii line up in 2010 with them both coming out in the 1st half of the year.(Pikmin 3 may only be 1st half in Japan)

What do you think?

Around the Network

I think SMG 2 april/may no pikmin this year but if it does it will be in aug/sep

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I say that Pikmin 3 will not come out until 2011...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Pikmin 3 may not come at all...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

I agree with Daileon. Every comment that's been made about the game so far had been extremely evasive, and Miyamoto's remark from a few years back that they were 'working on it' was made in such a manner and situation that it led me to believe he only said it to get some journalist off his back about the subject.

I don't think it's coming out this year, and wouldn't be surprised if we never saw it on Wii at all. People LOVE to gossip and spread rumours, but I'll only believe it when it's *officially* announced by Nintendo. The total lack of any info whatsoever and Nintendo's general approach to most of their good-but-not-stellar-selling IP's this gen have made me wary about the chances of this game ever coming out this gen.

Anything and everything people are hearing about this game lately is just made-up rumour by fanboys and fueled by hype and anticipation. Same thing happened a few years back with Kid Icarus, when fans and 'professional' websites alike were desperately hyping it and telling each other such a game was coming to Wii and would be shown @ E3 that year, to the point that everybody practically believed it and actually got mad at Nintendo when it all turned out to be false, despite Nintendo never saying anything about that game AT ALL.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

You heard of the guy from SpazioGames who spoke about Zelda Wii (giving out 10 general details about the game)? In the SG forum we could ask him something about the Wii (everything but he could decide to not respond if he hadn't the permission)...one of the question (the first question to be onest) in the thread was about Pikmin 3, and he responded that Pikmin 3 is not in the work, and is just an idea for the future...he also added that the words of Miyamoto at E3 2008 had been misunderstated, because he never said Pikmin 3 was in work.

This guy works for NoE, so there's also the possibility he's lieing to keep the secret, but I think this has a sense at all...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Pikmin 3 is being worked on but just by a very VERY small team. the guys making pikmin 3 have only just finished NSMBW and i dont see them making the game in 5 months. holiday 2011 at the earliest. won't be announced until E3 2011 at least

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I think we shouldn't have a pikmin 3 this generation. I think they should wait and launch it with their next console. Which might come next year or 2012

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Pikmin 3 WILL come out by the end of the Wii gen! I know this because Miyamoto himself said that he likes the Pikmin franchise a lot and I remember reading on IGN that Miyamoto said that HE wanted to work on Pikmin and that was in 2008 and Nintendo will probably let him do what he wants after he makes all the big sellers. So I think it will be out this year and if not then by the end of the gen for sure.

I was 100% sure pikmin 3 will hit before zelda wii.... I was wrong