By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Ericsson loses $235 million in 4th quarter, 5% market share

their profit margin on the actual phones must be too low compaired to the research r&d. ...

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Yeah, man. We understand what you are saying, but can you please post this kind of news on another discussion forum next time? The Sony Discussion forum description clearly states that is the Playstation lounge. The same thing is for Microsoft (Xbox lounge) and Nintendo  (Wii lounge) discussion forum. Site focus is on Video games sales charts. Am i wrong? And there is an off topic section wich is much more appropriate for the subject you want to discuss. I think most of vgchartz users will agree with me, not? Another solution is to ask vgchartz owners to change forum descriptions, but i think in that case this site could lose its identity. And perhaps it is only me, but when you see red, what do you see?

What does this have to do with PSP, PS2, PS3, and PS1?

loy310 said:

rccsetzer, no, I will keep posting these news in the company forums as has happened in this forum for the 3 years I've been here. The mods approve it, even if the forum description doesn't say so (the description is at odds with the forum name). I wouldn't be surprised if the forum description got altered.

Everyone's posting practices will not change just because a description doesn't agree with everything/everyone else.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Wow thats a lot of money to lose. I have a feeling that Sony will get out of this business soon if they don't start turning things around. I really think its sad how Sony/Ericsson phones have went down hill. They used to be very good and capable phones. Now they are just so far behind everyone else.

Either get out of the Cell Phone business or try something different. Maybe make an Android phone that has a few more bells and whistles than its competitors.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I love Sony Ecrisson phones. I have the newest Walkman phone and it's media stuff is awesome. I use it as my MP3 player. Best phones on the market.

What does this have to do with video games?

In case you haven't noticed, there is this device called the iPhone. It plays video games. It may not be to your liking, but there are millions of people using it to play video games.

There is a future for cell phone gaming, but Sony seems unwilling or unable to capitalize on it at the moment.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

disolitude said:
loy310 said:

Sony Ericsson have nothing to do with the PSP, or any other PS device.

They will come back with the Xperia 10, here in Canada they are marketing it like Apple did with the iphone.