By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Capcom announcing exclusive Xbox game

Hyruken said:
Never played a monster hunter game before.

Pretty big franchise in Japan so obviously would shift some consoles if it was a proper game. Being an online game i'm not so sure.

That can't be the only news though as that will not appeal to western gamers much.

But this is from Microsoft's Japanese website.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
Hyruken said:

Pretty big franchise in Japan so obviously would shift some consoles if it was a proper game. Being an online game i'm not so sure.

That can't be the only news though as that will not appeal to western gamers much.

Capcom said that there were a few announcements to be made not just 1 and that 1 of them would appeal to western gamers. I don't think MH will be that announcement.

PLUS

Why would they bother having an event to show a game that is already in a magazine? Hardly sounds super hush hush like we have come to expect from the companies.

I think the MH game will be one of the things announced but possibly not the main one. Although MH going to a different platform is pretty huge.

So how big is this? Is it on the same level of Final Fantasy XIV or is it just some crappy spinoff? How strong is the Monster Hunter brand anyways?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Hyruken said:
bobobologna said:
Hyruken said:

Capcom said that there were a few announcements to be made not just 1 and that 1 of them would appeal to western gamers. I don't think MH will be that announcement.

PLUS

Why would they bother having an event to show a game that is already in a magazine? Hardly sounds super hush hush like we have come to expect from the companies.

I think the MH game will be one of the things announced but possibly not the main one. Although MH going to a different platform is pretty huge.

When/where did they say that?

Mendicate Bias said:
So how big is this? Is it on the same level of Final Fantasy XIV or is it just some crappy spinoff? How strong is the Monster Hunter brand anyways?

Huge

The last one is the biggest selling 3rd party game on the wii in Japan. Sold something like a million units.

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:

It's a port of a 2yr old PC game. So I'll keep the hype at a lower level

bobobologna said:
Hyruken said:
bobobologna said:
Hyruken said:

PLUS

When/where did they say that?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177693

Mendicate Bias said:

Very strong. Apparently it's stronger than Final Fantasy nowadays (in Japan).

So it has the potential to push some consoles in Japan then I'm guessing? I'm surprised MS is still concentrating this much on Japan. Maybe their trying to build up good will and a sufficient fanbase so that their next console there doesn't have such a hard time selling? Although if I was them I would concentrate more on Europe than anything else.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

So is this most likely a single game announcement or multi?

Natal and Sony's flashing Ice cream cone