By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predict how much longer the 360 will last!

Predict how much longer the 360 will last!

Two Years 48 41.38%

Three Years 34 29.31%

Four Years 34 29.31%

Total:116

By how much longer, as in the main console with no successor already out.

Id say three years.

- 2010 is a big year for all systems, with each having lots of big mainstream/core releases

- MS is releasing Natal and they are dead serious about it. They simply dont have the steam and the exclusive commitment to go toe to toe with the PS3 in the future. Also, consoles start to look tired by the fifth years, but with the system still outputting excellent graphics and Natal giving it a refresh, the 360 will get a good boost for the remainder of the gen.

- Given how much they will be investing in Natal, you can expect that theyd want it to last 2 years at least.

- A Slim is something i think 360 will definitely have, the Valhalla chip is going to combine the CPU and GPU on one die which will most likely lead to a slimmer console.

Its obvious MS want to make as much money off the 360 as possible and Sony arent in a rush to launch a new system either. The real question is, will the 360 sell once the generation has ended? The Mega Drive and SNES did well into the 32-bit generation.

Around the Network

I say 3 more (including 2010). By then we may see the next console release from MS.

hmm are we talking about the 360's lifespan? or when the next Microsoft consoles comes out? i voted 2 years because i wasn't sure lol

I think we will see another Microsoft console in 2012, and that XBox 360 will live for about a year or two afterwards.

I voted for when i think we will see the next MS console.

Late 2011 is my guess on things.

Around the Network

no later than 2014

it could release 2013 but no earlier than that thers still alot left to do

Play Me

2 years after the next xbox is released

end of 2012, so three years from now.

2010 --> Natal release

2011 --> Natal games

2012 (fall) --> BINGO!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Till mine RRODS :(

It's just that simple.

I said 1 because I was thinking '10 -> '11. But I should have put 2 because i'm thinking more like '11 holidays.