By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HOW did *YOU react when you first heard SAMUS' voice at E309??

HOW did *YOU react when you first heard SAMUS' voice at E309??

I loved Samus' new voice 78 80.41%

I didn't like it very much 19 19.59%

Total:97

I think Metroid is a series that we can get an extra level of immersion if the federation characters spoke, and the Space Pirates spoke their own language ---> that was cipherable.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I personally love her new voice, it sound nice and suits her as a character, although i'll admit i haven't owned many metroid games. i have however played a few of them and i am very interested in Other M

So I'm asking fans of the Metroid series, Did you guys like the idea of giving Samus a voice in Metroid: Other M?

Frankly, nothing in the game is set, even her voice.  So with that trailer, we might even have a different voice for her by the end game.  So, I know it sounds like a cop out, but I'm just gonna say...I can't say I like it or not till I actually play the game.

What I CAN say is I love her voice in Brawl.  That voice is pretty much exactly how I imagines Samus' voice to be.  Yet the voice in the trailer from E3 is different from what I can tell.  So we'll see which voice we get in the end.

Other M voice: sounds kinder/gentler
Bawl taunt voice: sounds less kind/innocent

That's why i like the Other M voice better :) i hope they keep it this way.

Other M is releasing this year, isn't it? Whould they have time to change it anyway?

The voices and stuff can be done in post production.  In under a week if they wanted.  But most likely they already casted her long ago.  As for the game coming out, its supposedly coming out in the 'First Half of 2010'.  Hopefully Nintendo will lock down the actual release soon.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Can someone explain to me why people are so excited about Metrid Other M (not just on this site apparently), when it's being made by a developer unproven to the franchise?

Also, I may be wrong, but there aint very much info about the principal design and style of the game yet, right? No gameplay trailers and that kind of stuff either.

So what do u all base your hype on?

She spoke an awful lot in Fusion. Its only natural for that to evolve into an audible form. Personallly, i thought what we heard at E3 was handled well.

Slimebeast said:

Can someone explain to me why people are so excited about Metrid Other M (not just on this site apparently), when it's being made by a developer unproven to the franchise?

Also, I may be wrong, but there aint very much info about the principal design and style of the game yet, right? No gameplay trailers and that kind of stuff either.

It's a collaboration. Team Ninja is involved but it's still very much helmed by Nintendo and Sakamoto.

Also we do know about thr style and design from interviews. Sakamoto said it's like the older games but with some action sequences like what was in the trailer.

As for why people are excited, take your pick:

- First console Metroid made by Nintendo since Super Metroid in 1994
- Story is expanding on Samus and the Metroid universe, which people have wanted to see for ages
- It's not a Prime
- Team Ninja is involved
- It's primarily 3rd person, which people were expecting since before Prime
- It's a new Metroid game. This is reason enough alone.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I'm only going to complain because if Nintendo sees a mostly positive reaction to Samus's voice, they may give one to Link.......

Slimebeast said:

Uh....Team Ninja may not have any ties to Metroid, but they certainly have a proven track record.  Personally, they have made one of my favorite Action titles ever (Ninja Gaiden) and fighting series (Dead or Alive).  I feel they are more than capable and this project is pretty much a dream project for me on the scale of what Chrono Trigger was back on the SNES.  And if it turns out as good as it can, it may just be as big of an impact as Chrono Trigger was.

Also to expand on what ClaudeLv250 was saying, some key points of why everyone is hyped for this game:

-The game is taking place between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

-The Game is featuring the back story for Adam Malkovitch (The CO computer AI from Fusion) as well as promised 'unseen insight into the backstory of Samus'.

-The game is going to be fully 3D and third person, which is going to utilize something they couldn't do during the development of Metroid Prime (which is why all the Metroid Prime games ended up being First Person).  In other words, a whole new direction for 3D Metroid that Nintendo has been waiting to do ever since the N64.

-The game is promising to push the boundaries of how we look at both Wii games and Action/Platformers.

If you really look at the way the game is developing and the type of game it is, its completly logical why Team Ninja was picked to work on it.  If any developer could help make a new and innovative action/platformer game engine, it would be Team Ninja, who already did so back on the XBOX with Ninja Gaiden.  With Nintendo and Sakamoto overseeing the development, Metroid: Other M may just be the next step in innovating the action genre.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Where the fuck is the "I didn't care" option?

I play Metroid for gameplay, not for story. Who cares if she speaks?

Being Metroid my favorite game series ever, i love the fact that Samus is going to talk during the adventure giving her a more deep personality....

This is my most anticipated game of 2010!!, one of the reasons is that Yoshio Sakamoto is once again in front of the development of this game, and of course i want to see who good is the work of team ninja

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

Its pretty good, but I prefer her voice from Brawl. Personally, I prefer the air I'd say that fits her perfectly.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."