By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

NO, I prefer Link stay a silent hero 129 76.33%

YES, I'd prefer if Link had a voice 40 23.67%

Total:169

I want to take your opinions on whether or not you would like Link to get a voice in the next Zelda game, or if you want him to stay a silent hero, AND WHY you'd prefer it that way.

I remember hearing a good idea one time, a guy proposed having voice acting for everyone in the game except Link, i happen to like that idea. If you've ever played Paper Mario, the game is also made the same way as Zelda, everyone in Paper Mario "speaks" except for Mario (it's actually text), i loved the way that game was handled :)

That way it makes things less odd for fans who are used to the character the way they are, and also so the personality and entity of the character doesn't change from how people preceive him.

*ALTHOUGH*, I DO remember hearing Samus' voice in the E309 trailer and was actually pretty nice, though i'll admit i haven't played much metroid compared to most fans of the series. i AM interested in Other M however :D

Around the Network

I don't think Link should ever have a voice. Other characters maybe can talk but I'm not even sure about that.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

There is absolutely no reason Link needs to talk. That doesn't mean other characters who talk to link should be also provided with voices along side their normal text boxes.

Only if they get Nolan North to do his generic everyman© voice for Link.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Perhaps the people around him could use some voices.

Link and Gordon Freeman need to keep up their heroic roles without saying anything!

--

@ ameratsu

"Oh my god, who are those guys riding towards us at full speed?!"

Link - *shrugging* "Pirates"

Around the Network
ameratsu said:

Only if they get Nolan North to do the voice in his generic everyman© style.

who and what now?

sample needed!

We just need the screams of attacks and jumps.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
miz1q2w3e said:
ameratsu said:

Only if they get Nolan North to do the voice in his generic everyman© style.

who and what now?

sample needed!

Fast forward to around the 2 minute mark.

link= no
others: yes

ameratsu said:

Only if they get Nolan North to do his generic everyman© voice for Link.

WELL EXCUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."