By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Games Aimed At Teens And Up Get Black Boxes

Black boxes are far too cool, great!! who cares about the reason, black is the new white

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

nice PR Nintendo

but this is clearly a marketing tactic, Wii isint viewed as the most 'hardcore' of consoles among teens, so this slight change might help them a bit in that regard.

I would like to thank my PR teacher who tought us to take all news we hear with a grain of salt and consider the motivations behind an announcement, so I came up with theories like this : p

Seems a bit over the top if you ask me.

4 ≈ One

Interesting. I'm curious to see what the reception for this will be.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

O-D-C said:

nice PR Nintendo

but this is clearly a marketing tactic, Wii isint viewed as the most 'hardcore' of consoles among teens, so this slight change might help them a bit in that regard.

I would like to thank my PR teacher who tought us to take all news we hear with a grain of salt and consider the motivations behind an announcement, so I came up with theories like this : p

I like this theory, actually!  Thanks for sharing.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

Black boxes are great. Good idea in my opinion.

If it looks good, why not?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Yes I agree this is definitely a marketing tactic but it is a good one. Great way to give those games something to stand out for. I doubt this will happen in America, but maybe it will. Might even help the sales of them with a unique box art. Considering a lot of Wii owners make decision just by viewing the boxes, might not be such a bad idea.

That's a really good idea. Hopefully they bring it to North America too.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I want a specific color for shovelware please...