By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Demotruk said:
Sorcery said:

Not necessarily. Just because unit sales are up doesn't mean revenue is up.

Excellent sales for the PS3 though, $300 really is the magical price point. With the PS3 still matching 360 sales after the holidays in NA, is Microsoft starting to feel any pressure to cut the price of the 360? I wouldn't be surprised if the Elite drops in price by $50 before too long.

In fact, in terms of revenue, PS360 are slightly down YoY. Wii is down much more though, thanks to that price cut...

That's true...I think.

@Sorcery

However a x360 price cut by $50 is doubtful although possible.

I think all x360 price revisions will wait 'til natal.

Even IF MS is making a profit on each x360 I doubt it is anywhere near $50.

Not even Nintendo makes that much on each wii and they are the Hardware profit kings.

After 4/5yrs from launch the plan is usually to sell your HW for profit until it's death...or so I was lead to believe.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Just Dance had its best week in EU ever (126,953). EVER. This is after holiday sales. The game cannot be stopped.

Dance for your lives!

What, you didn't think we'd see this comment on the sales page so you had to make it again? :p

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Smeags said:

Just Dance had its best week in EU ever (126,953). EVER. This is after holiday sales. The game cannot be stopped.

Dance for your lives!

What, you didn't think we'd see this comment on the sales page so you had to make it again? :p

HEY! Listen!

I sort of enjoyed adding the "Dance for your lives" part.

I dunno... I think games that defy all sales logic should be noted! To the game page!

PS3 still over 200k! Looking good. PSP still having pretty strong sales in Japan too, pretty sure Birth By Sleep is causing that. Xbox 360 sales are okay, but the DS and Wii are still selling strong!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Smeags said:

Dance for your lives!

This game's really captured that casual Wii zeitgeist.  I look forward to seeing go on and dethrone Assassin's Creed as Ubisoft's best seller this generation...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Smeags said:

Dance for your lives!

This game's really captured that casual Wii zeitgeist.  I look forward to seeing go on and dethrone Assassin's Creed as Ubisoft's best seller this generation...

Not going to happen, but would be interesting to see nonetheless.

justinian said:
Demotruk said:
Sorcery said:

Not necessarily. Just because unit sales are up doesn't mean revenue is up.

Excellent sales for the PS3 though, $300 really is the magical price point. With the PS3 still matching 360 sales after the holidays in NA, is Microsoft starting to feel any pressure to cut the price of the 360? I wouldn't be surprised if the Elite drops in price by $50 before too long.

In fact, in terms of revenue, PS360 are slightly down YoY. Wii is down much more though, thanks to that price cut...

That's true...I think.

@Sorcery

However a x360 price cut by $50 is doubtful although possible.

I think all x360 price revisions will wait 'til natal.

Even IF MS is making a profit on each x360 I doubt it is anywhere near $50.

Not even Nintendo makes that much on each wii and they are the Hardware profit kings.

After 4/5yrs from launch the plan is usually to sell your HW for profit until it's death...or so I was lead to believe.

From the information that has come out over the Wii's lifespan about the cost to produce the console itself was supposed to have been around $160 at launch and have dropped by 45% sometime last year.  Throwing in controller and marketing cost and the profit margin might be as low as $40 right now (current controller cost and initial marketing estimates) but it seems more likely that they're still making in the realm of $70 per console.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

Demotruk said:
Buzzi said:
Wii numbers are good but by next week it will be down YoY (mainly because of Americas)...still, if it's able to sell over 300k for the whole Q1 will be great, and a good sign for the year.

It's down worse in others than america. Ironically, after early last year, Japan is now what is saving Wii while the West is bringing it down.

We knew the Wii would have difficulties in keeping the sales of the begnning of 2009...what matters the most is to have better sales through the year, in order to be flat or up YoY...and considering the 3 big sellers (WSR, WF+ and NSMBW) and the games that will launch during this year it should be able to do that.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Dallinor said:
Those are great numbers for the 360 in Others. It sold more there then in NA.

Aye, but in some country xbox360 have get a 50Euro price cut in france and some other country in europe so it have probably help a bit:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=98174&page=1#

MontanaHatchet said:
jarrod said:
Smeags said:

Dance for your lives!

Not going to happen, but would be interesting to see nonetheless.

Could happen.  Wii game will continue selling big (probably continuing to gain sales) and there's going to be the inevitable Natal/Arc ports to add on top.  

I think Ubi's hit paydirt.  The concept is something with massively wide appeal, and it's something that Nintendo hasn't already done better.  The only thing that could stop Just Dance imo is Wii Dance...