By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zipper: Xbox Live "more juvenile" than PSN

and who ever disagrees is obviously living under a rock. when you have majority of video game journalists from web sites (g4, ign, 1up, gamespot, etc.) saying that xbox live should be best played privately with friends and try to avoid playing with strangers isnt a charming thing. i dont know about ya but i cant always play with friends on my ps3 so 80% of the time im playing kz2, r2, etc. in public rank/custom games with no problems. imagine how chaotic MAG would be in xbox live. i can just picture it after seeing all those hate/anti-gay/racist videos people posted to aware others (some actually post it to show how funny it is?).

and *No* it's not because we dont have headsets. we (ps3 users) have a variety of choices we can use as headsets not limited to Sony license or manufacturered products. we can use blu-tooth wireless or wired, regular wired or wireless headsets from any manufacturer. hell most companies  bundle blu-tooth headsets in cellphones packages now which we can use for the ps3.

and to adress another comment. "they shouldnt piss off the owners of the fps genre console" (or something like that?). what exactly makes ya the king of fps? you do know ya have the broken version of codmw2 right? there's 2 articles in g4 right now as we speak about new exploited glitches only effecting xbox 360 cause of modded xboxes (says more about ya online community). then what makes ya an fps king? halo? gears of war? that's strictly opinion. i mean yeah 8 vs 8, 5 vs 5 (even though laughable) is still good but we have kz2, 16 vs 16, Resistance 2, 30 vs 30, warhawk 10 vs 10 (i think) and the soon to be released MAG, 32 vs 32, 64 vs 64, 128 vs 128 all with great single and multiplayer (except MAG) so i beg to differ.

just thinking about this makes me wonder how a game like MAG would run there. hackers, cheaters, and then the immature crowd. it's going to take a pyshical demostration to make me a believer

Around the Network
_honeybadger_ said:
I havent really found people talking trash on PSN, I do find the ocasional player with crappy taste in music and high mic sensitivity. What I do hate is the TEAM KILLERS ASSHOLES THAT are foundon some games, But I think thats standar on both services.

And Yes XBOX LIVE is more juvenile, theres no denying that, as its a proven fact.

Honestly, I'd rather be called a fag 3,000 times than listen to one more player pump horrible pseudo-punk music through their headset. That is absolutely the most annoying thing I've found in online games.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
_honeybadger_ said:
I havent really found people talking trash on PSN, I do find the ocasional player with crappy taste in music and high mic sensitivity. What I do hate is the TEAM KILLERS ASSHOLES THAT are foundon some games, But I think thats standar on both services.

And Yes XBOX LIVE is more juvenile, theres no denying that, as its a proven fact.

Honestly, I'd rather be called a fag 3,000 times than listen to one more player pump horrible pseudo-punk music through their headset. That is absolutely the most annoying thing I've found in online games.

Oh really? I had to listen to some guy breathe into mic like he was pushing 240 kg on bench for 45 minutes in Uncharted 2. It was really disturbing.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Okay, that would be pretty bad as well.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

This is an idiotic statement. It's not the services that are juvenile, it's the games. Certain games attract a certain audience. I'm fairly sure if I play Modern Warfare 2 on PS3 I'll get the same knuckleheads I get on Xbox Live. I played the original Modern Warfare and World at War on PS3 and I know I encountered them. However I've played games online like Virtua Fighter 5 Online, Burnout Paradise and countless others that attract a more sensible audience that doesn't throw racist remarks out constantly, or plays music into their headsets or any other number of annoying acts. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
rynx said:

and who ever disagrees is obviously living under a rock. when you have majority of video game journalists from web sites (g4, ign, 1up, gamespot, etc.) saying that xbox live should be best played privately with friends and try to avoid playing with strangers isnt a charming thing. i dont know about ya but i cant always play with friends on my ps3 so 80% of the time im playing kz2, r2, etc. in public rank/custom games with no problems. imagine how chaotic MAG would be in xbox live. i can just picture it after seeing all those hate/anti-gay/racist videos people posted to aware others (some actually post it to show how funny it is?).

and *No* it's not because we dont have headsets. we (ps3 users) have a variety of choices we can use as headsets not limited to Sony license or manufacturered products. we can use blu-tooth wireless or wired, regular wired or wireless headsets from any manufacturer. hell most companies  bundle blu-tooth headsets in cellphones packages now which we can use for the ps3.

and to adress another comment. "they shouldnt piss off the owners of the fps genre console" (or something like that?). what exactly makes ya the king of fps? you do know ya have the broken version of codmw2 right? there's 2 articles in g4 right now as we speak about new exploited glitches only effecting xbox 360 cause of modded xboxes (says more about ya online community). then what makes ya an fps king? halo? gears of war? that's strictly opinion. i mean yeah 8 vs 8, 5 vs 5 (even though laughable) is still good but we have kz2, 16 vs 16, Resistance 2, 30 vs 30, warhawk 10 vs 10 (i think) and the soon to be released MAG, 32 vs 32, 64 vs 64, 128 vs 128 all with great single and multiplayer (except MAG) so i beg to differ.

just thinking about this makes me wonder how a game like MAG would run there. hackers, cheaters, and then the immature crowd. it's going to take a pyshical demostration to make me a believer

Ok 2 things:

If you have so many options to use for headsets, why do you still have so few people using them? 

And have you never seen coverage on those very same gaming sites about Sony Home?  Trust me, the gamers on both services are equally juvenile.  The only evidence given that Xbox Live is more juvenile is the amount of trash talkers, but as we have already discussed, that is because the amount of people who actually have mics is much higher on 360.  The fact that PSN is free also attracts glitchers and griefers even more so because once they have a high level account or if they get banned, they can just make a brand new account to pwn noobs on or to glitch some more.

Why so butthurt? Just mute/report the annoying people, if you get riled up over the internet GTFO.

No matter whats the case, XBL is marked as juvenile. Everyone knows that. Whatever brought on the cause for it dosn't really matter.

youarebadatgames said:
Why so butthurt? Just mute/report the annoying people, if you get riled up over the internet GTFO.

it's a opinion if you dont agree with the opinion proof him wrong,  sometimes here i seen people banned, or got moderation just becaue a bunch of fanboys didn't agree with him.

disolitude said:
lol...thats the dumbest comment I've seen in months.

1. it singles out a group of people using a service and calls them juvenile
2. he assumes that people don't know how to use the "mute" option
3. it insults the largest FPS console community and best online service on the market right now

We all know its a PS3 exclusive and that kissing ass of your userbase will prolly help sales...but hes just sounding like an ignorant jackass.

Yeah i agree, what a horrible thing to say.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB