By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty MWR sales adjusted up!

Not sure if many of you have checked it out yet but MWR is about 3/4ths of the way to a million, this is with no ads at all, and selling much better than The Conduit, Madworld, and a number of other "core" titles.  To be honest this just backs up to me that you can sell "core" titles on the Wii if they're good and able to market to a wide audience, CoD is basically the everymans FPS, if only the next one has splitscreen and some good marketing behind it, it could be a huge hit with the Wii market I'd say.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

i figured this was coming when i saw NPD numbers.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I didn't follow the sales of this game. Can somebody tell me please how much is was adjusted?

nice it needs 230k sales to reach a million... Activition knows the wii's market very well lol

Yeah, I mean most places I visited was sold out of the game, basically between MWR, NSMB Wii, and Wii Sports Resort you could not find those titles anywhere in my area.

Now MWR obviously had fewer orders but it goes to show how unexpected that demand was for MWR, they might have missed out on a prime opportunity to get a few more holiday sales.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
hentai_11 said:
I didn't follow the sales of this game. Can somebody tell me please how much is was adjusted?

I believe it was about 50k? I was keeping up with it until it had its 100k week and then Dec NPD came in and they had Dec sales higher than VGC data did for North America.

It is quite telling that someone notices a 50k adjustment for the game.

Great news, Wonder if Sega and Capcom's ex executives are going to shut up now, probably not.

itt:watching G4 radio show - NO mention of COD sales with NPD (what a surprise)
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/701989/Feedback----PS3-Beats-360-But-Nintendo-Destroys-All.html

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

MRFENIX said:

You mean like other noticing a 0.1% change in market share?

routsounmanman said:
MRFENIX said:

You mean like other noticing a 0.1% change in market share?

Well no, since the marketshare is at the frontpage of this site.