By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
disolitude said:
lol..can you imagine these boards when PS3 passes the 360 total sales. People here will be opening champagne bottles.

It actually makes me wonder why I bother posting here amongst all the children...

truthfully I think ps3 fanboys have the right to. You have to  find it funny how 360 fanboys have really put themselves in a totally innocent, did nothing to nobody, and was so peaceful this whole gen, and are being viciously, and relentlessly attacked by ps3 fanboys for nooooo reason, when the fact remains at the start of this gen 360 fans went MEGATON on the ps3 is dead, check out mah sales, sony is doomed, just like 90% of the industry. they wanted the ps3 to die and sony along with it, made it out so that the anyone who owns a ps3 was like retarted, ZOMG no gamez!!!!!! after a while ps3 fans just got fed up and said screw you we have games, our online is fine, and more importantly things will get alot better. but that fell on deaf ears and 360 fans had declared the war won and was counting the days until sony left the industy...... like 1 year into the generation.

Given the shit thrown at ps3 fans I say they have the right to be cocky, as this is  becoming the worlds greatest "I F**KING TOLD YOU SO" that I have ever seen. But they'll hide behind that troll sterlings artice (you know the one) in an atempt to foget they're terrible past. to me it's almost impossible for ps3 fans to become worst than the whole industy outlook on Sony and the ps3 at the start of this gen. And they said ps3 fanboys were so used to being number one?? Bullshit because the industry and 360 fanboys made it out so sony can never ever launch ......................a launch console.

"how dare you sony not sell 10 billion units at launch, how dare you not have 2 million of the greatest games of al timez, you know what YOUR TEH DOOMZ!!"

that and I find flamewar threads to be really funny, youtube has done nothing but make me cry with laughter, from both sides

OT: great sales for EVERYONE, like some consoles in the past never dreamed of getting 50k a week.

Around the Network
dharh said:
disolitude said:
Hus said:
disolitude said:

There is a reason why I used the term children in my post (which gave me a warning for some reason). Unless you are seeing money from the console sales, It really is childish to cheer for a console.

And how much money are grown men sport fan seeing from their fav teams they relegiously cheer for ?

lol, its cause sports is a diversion. Its a way to get away from the real life problems for a couple of hours a week. That or you have some money riding on the game and have financial gain based on the outcome.

You just described video games for some people!

The actual games, absolutely. Sales of a console...not in the slightest. If your team sucks, you suck it up and wait till it gets better, if your console sucks, you dispose of it and get one that doesnt.

In any case, I really don't care...just have nothing better to do at work atm.

If I did care I'd point out how Sony is selling each console at a loss and how PS2 and PSP sales are dissapearing by the second which has been helping offset their PS3 losses for the past 2 years...and how games sales, which are the main source of revenue, still don't touch xbox 360, and how Xbox360 gets to sell their console for a profit and has an online model which they make money off as well.

But like I said, I really don't care which console sells more cause the bottom line is...there will be a 360 price cut if PS3 keeps outselling it and vice versa.

Anyone have last weeks numbers because the PS/360 gap looks like it narrowed by some 200k.

Train wreck said:
Anyone have last weeks numbers because the PS/360 gap looks like it narrowed by some 200k.

I think the gap was at 5.45 million. It's now at 5.36 million. Looks like it closed by ~85k (not counting the 4k US numbers).

disolitude said:

The actual games, absolutely. Sales of a console...not in the slightest. If your team sucks, you suck it up and wait till it gets better, if your console sucks, you dispose of it and get one that doesnt.

If I did care I'd point out how Sony is selling each console at a loss and how PS2 and PSP sales are dissapearing by the second which has been helping offset their PS3 losses for the past 2 years...and how games sales, which are the main source of revenue, still don't touch xbox 360, and how Xbox360 gets to sell their console for a profit and has an online model which they make money off as well.

But like I said, I really don't care which console sells more cause the bottom line is...there will be a 360 price cut if PS3 keeps outselling it and vice versa.

lol atleast stop hiding your obvious pro 360 mentality.

you are bitter your console is losing if you didnt care about sales you would not point out one is losing money to help lick your wounds.

you sir are a hypocrite.

There are way more entertaing sites online to kill time at work then vg dude. 

Around the Network

XB sold a total of 6 titles last week!

disolitude said:
dharh said:

Consoles > Games

Teams > Games

When consoles cost as much as they do these days people become emotionally invested in their purchase. When a brand (of console or game studio or series) gives you alot of joy over a good period of time you become emotionally invested in them.

You may be fickle but alot of people are not. They absolutely want their choice or favorite console to succeed, if not just for the emotion of it, for the fact that it increases the money the company gets and increases the chance that another great game, console, whatever gets made.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

disolitude said:
dharh said:
disolitude said:
Hus said:
disolitude said:

There is a reason why I used the term children in my post (which gave me a warning for some reason). Unless you are seeing money from the console sales, It really is childish to cheer for a console.

And how much money are grown men sport fan seeing from their fav teams they relegiously cheer for ?

lol, its cause sports is a diversion. Its a way to get away from the real life problems for a couple of hours a week. That or you have some money riding on the game and have financial gain based on the outcome.

Yeah, if you did care, you would have posted exactly that post, although I know you don't care at all, though you're still posting. :p

Selling consoles at a loss is a part of business console model. You first lose money on consoles, then earns more on software and peripherals. MS does it, Sony does it. MS console is older, so Sony becomes profitable later, it's only logical. If your console doesn't sell enough, you lose bilions, like MS lost bilions on Xbox 1. Both Xbox 360 and PS3 are selling well and won't have this problem.

Your faith in a 360 price cut is a bit exagerated though. The 360 is already very affordable, the magic price is around 200$ (199$). It's already there. There are very few people left wanting a 360 who don't already own one. Making it even cheaper wouldn't help sales that much. In Europe we can already find 149 euros 360, and 299 euros PS3, yet PS3 sells a lot more (!). No further 360 price cut will save the day, any people wanting a 360 can already buy one at 149 euros...

Sony has a bigger margin for price cuts since the PS3 hasn't reached 199$ yet (but they need to wait to lose a bit less per console, it will happen).

Natal is a bigger hope in my opinion, while I still think it will ultimately fail since Eyetoy failed, and Wii already destroyed everybody in casual gaming.

But it's nice to see you accepted you cared about all that after all. We're all children inside I guess.

disolitude said:
lol..can you imagine these boards when PS3 passes the 360 total sales. People here will be opening champagne bottles.

It actually makes me wonder why I bother posting here amongst all the children...

Its true. This is becoming the next SOny defense force website. Look at all the banned ppl recently, they all are Sony fans like these in this threads. Its pretty sad actually that they feel compelled to get excited that the PS3 after a price cut and a slim version plus the GOTY only gets to sell 4grand more.

Last weeks US numbers were adjusted, it intially had 360 on top 95k to 94k.

News Numbers for last week are

PS3 105,032
X360 97,121