By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Blu-Ray outsells HD DVD 79:21 week ending 11/04

From Home Media Magazine:

Week 11/04: BD 71, HD 29 YTD: BD 64, HD 36 SI: BD 61, HD 39
Week 10/28: BD 55, HD 45 YTD: BD 64, HD 36 SI: BD 60, HD 40
Week 10/21: BD 51, HD 49 YTD: BD 65, HD 34 SI: BD 61, HD 39
Week 10/14: BD 71, HD 29 YTD: BD 66, HD 34 SI: BD 61, HD 39
Week 10/07: BD 68, HD 32 YTD: BD 66, HD 34 SI: BD 61, HD 39

The "Since Inception" numbers have gone back up to 61:39 favoring Blu-Ray. The release of Transformers on HD DVD had previously caused them to drop to 60:40.

Top ten movies for the week:

1. Spider-Man 3 BD
    100.00 (130,000)
  2. Spider-Man: The High Definition Trilogy BD
    71.95 (93,500)
  3. Transformers HD
    31.42 (40,000)
  4. Meet the Robinsons BD
    8.82 (11,500)
  5. 300 BD
    6.56 (8,500)
  6. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer BD
    5.03 (6,400)
  7. License to Wed BD
    4.24 (5,500)
  8. The Shining BD
    4.11 (5,300)
  9. Mr. Brooks BD
    4.03 (5,200)
  10. 2001: A Space Odyssey BD
    3.88 (5,000)

Nine out of the top Ten selling titles are on Blu-Ray.

Spiderman 3 debuts with the second highest first week sales of any HD movie, behind only 300. Spiderman 3 is also the second highest selling Blu-Ray film, selling 130,000 behind 300's 170,000. This is because the Trilogy is counted as a seperate SKU from Spiderman 3 itself, so the sales of the two are not combined.

Around the Network

i wonder how much dvd sells

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@Kirby: A hell of a lot more. :P

true,why don't we compare them also with dvd?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Because then there'd be nothing to quarrel over as both formats would have maybe 2%. I say, why face reality? :P

Around the Network

reality is pretty hard hehe

is this world wide sales?

otherwise there are fractures

kitler53...everytime I see your avatar I almost .... damn thats hot.

No real surprise, Spiderman was always going to tilt things back towards BluRay.

But unless we are genuinely interested in tracking charts (BluRay titles vrs HD-DVD) - which I doubt we are - its becoming more pointless by the day to compare. Both formats are now certainly here to stay.

I predict you'll see a lot more studios start going dual-format soon. It would be interesting to see how well something like Spiderman sells on HD-DVD (or Transformers on BluRay). Its just becoming a brand/marketing issue.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099